Importing Vector Graphics gives strange errors?

MichaelDomino

Importing Vector Graphics gives strange errors?

Postby MichaelDomino » October 21st, 2017, 12:51 pm

Hello

I have just installed Art Text 3, and I love it! - It is very easy to get first class results.

I have an issue, when I try to import vector graphics though.

I have made the attached logo as a compound shape from Illustrator CC2018, and saved it as a pdf-file in a custom folder and navigated to this in the shapes panel - and everything works fine until I convert it to 3D.

As you can see some unexpected results shows up - fx in one f the letter "O"s which is almost solid (although it is a proper Compound shape from the beginning) and the star, which seems to miss some of the edge.

Does anybody know what goes wrong, and if there is another may to achieve this?

Thank you in advance
++Michael
Attachments
mack.jpg
mack.jpg (118.62 KiB) Viewed 1530 times
MichaelDomino

Re: Importing Vector Graphics gives strange errors?

Postby MichaelDomino » October 31st, 2017, 7:33 am

Hello

I am stille trying to solve this issue. Does anyone know how to import a complicated logo as a vectorfile, or have i just bought the wrong piece of software for this? :(

I have sent my files to the developer, but still haven't heard anything...

Best regards
Michael
flysurf

Postby flysurf » December 6th, 2017, 2:53 pm

same problem here, most supposedly vector files (wether psd, ai or svg) are simply incompatible.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 11th, 2017, 11:32 am

Michael,

Some fonts and vector shapes can produce artifacts when certain 3D effect is applied. If you email your Art Text document to support@belightsoft.com - we'll examine it.

Art Text is designed to apply effects to vector shapes, not to edit complicated designs as Illustrator can do. If you import a logo that includes text and some graphic elements as a solid vector object, Art Text will apply effects to everything. So to apply different effects to different parts, it may be reasonable to bring those parts to Art Text as separate vector images. After applying effects, you can compose the whole logo in Art Text, or export processed parts to Illustrator or another software.

Use PDF to import vector graphics to Art Text. You should open the Shapes tab in the left panel and select Custom Folder in the drop-down list. Then select the folder containing your images.

Nick
flysurf

Postby flysurf » December 11th, 2017, 10:39 pm

Nick wrote:Michael,

Some fonts and vector shapes can produce artifacts when certain 3D effect is applied. If you email your Art Text document to support@belightsoft.com - we'll examine it.

Art Text is designed to apply effects to vector shapes, not to edit complicated designs as Illustrator can do. If you import a logo that includes text and some graphic elements as a solid vector object, Art Text will apply effects to everything. So to apply different effects to different parts, it may be reasonable to bring those parts to Art Text as separate vector images. After applying effects, you can compose the whole logo in Art Text, or export processed parts to Illustrator or another software.

Use PDF to import vector graphics to Art Text. You should open the Shapes tab in the left panel and select Custom Folder in the drop-down list. Then select the folder containing your images.

Nick

Hi Nick, while Illustrator is a complicated file, which I'd actually rather not use, I was talking mainly about universal image format like PNG (not psd, sorry that was a typo), jpg or gif to be a use a shapes to be modified in 2D or 3D.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 12th, 2017, 6:06 am

We cannot vectorize raster images. So effects are mostly applied to the whole image, not to the meaningful content. For example, if you import a PNG with black text on white background and apply Stroke, you'll get the entire image outlined, not individual letters. With a vector image, the program would work as expected.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”