Artex is the best software I've used in years

flysurf

Artex is the best software I've used in years

Postby flysurf » March 24th, 2017, 3:31 pm

I've been testing for month, until I cracked-up and decided to go ahead and buy it. Not that I'm even working with it yet, or let alone learning on it like on these horrible unpractical 3D software like C4D, Unreal, zbrush, Vray etc...because I'm actually having FUN and pleasure so much the interface is intuitive and the system efficient. In fact I wish this was the only 3D software I would have to use.

So here are some feedbacks, and requests/suggestions:

1. Sometime, adding shadow on 3D object is off as it seem to occlude it
2. Whenever changing font or letter, it seems to resize the object up.
3. When changing a default folder somewhere (for texture for exemple) it will change all the default folder therefor losing the last registered folder shortcut
4. Still lots of glitches/artifacts when pushing the various chamfer up.
5. Sliders are not always accurate and can either jump from nothing to too much, or don't let you go bigger or smaller depending on initial setting.
6. Some too obvious shadowing or lights with the material lightspots.

Suggestions:
1. Double chamfer, have the possibility to mirror chamfer on the other side of the object
2. Be able to use 2D custom material, and material creator system (this thing is amazing!) on 3D objects.
3. Be able to blur, tile, crop images for material creation, and have the same light customisation option as other default materials.
4. Be able to split 3D typos into letters
5. Be able to add custom materials/environment textures (what's the format?)
6. Be able to add stacked chamfer layers.
7. Be able to import simple .obj/.fbx objects?
8. Have 3D point geometry transformation and modify shape/sides like 2D object
9. Have different mask options like overlay, additive, blended etc...in 2D and 3D.
10. Have multiple shadow, glow or focus points.

And that's only a few I've had for months, I'm really excited for this software because this is what the 3D softwares (and GUIs in general) definitely need: a simple, humanly intuitive interface that does what makes sense.
flysurf

Re: Artex is the best software I've used in years

Postby flysurf » March 24th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Reserved for more requests, but anybody can feel free to add.
Nick

Postby Nick » March 27th, 2017, 8:59 am

Thanks for your feedback. Please find my comments on some issues below.

So here are some feedbacks, and requests/suggestions:
1. Sometime, adding shadow on 3D object is off as it seem to occlude it

It could help if you send a sample document that illustrates this case to support@belightsoft.com

2. Whenever changing font or letter, it seems to resize the object up.

The same word would take different space if you apply, Helvetica Bold Oblique or Helvetica Light font to it. The program keeps the original shape of letters when you change the font. An alternative was to deform letters in order to fit the constant object size. We have chosen the first way.

[quot]4. Still lots of glitches/artifacts when pushing the various chamfer up.[/quot]
Please send us a sample document if you can repeat this problem.

5. Sliders are not always accurate and can either jump from nothing to too much, or don't let you go bigger or smaller depending on initial setting.

Which of sliders did you mean? Some sliders are provided with a text field to input a numeric value.

6. Some too obvious shadowing or lights with the material lightspots.

Can you give more details or an example?

Suggestions:
1. Double chamfer, have the possibility to mirror chamfer on the other side of the object

I'm afraide we cannot apply the chamfer effect to the back side of 3D objects.

2. Be able to use 2D custom material, and material creator system (this thing is amazing!) on 3D objects.

2D and 3D materials are not interchangeable. You should use the tools from the Material section of the Inspector.

3. Be able to blur, tile, crop images for material creation, and have the same light customisation option as other default materials.

It is technically not possible to customize lights if a 2D material is created from an image.

5. Be able to add custom materials/environment textures (what's the format?)

You can import a custom texture. Click on the Texture box and select "Custom Folder" in the popup menu.

custom_texture.png
custom_texture.png (103.76 KiB) Viewed 1934 times

10. Have multiple shadow, glow or focus points.
You mean, one 3D object should have several shadows, right?

I've passed the rest of your suggestions to the developers.

Nick
flysurf

Postby flysurf » June 13th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Nick wrote:Thanks for your feedback. Please find my comments on some issues below.

I'm afraide we cannot apply the chamfer effect to the back side of 3D objects.

Hi, I don't understand why the chamfer couldn't be applied to the other side of the 3D object are at least mirror in the back of the shape.

2D and 3D materials are not interchangeable. You should use the tools from the Material section of the Inspector.

But since they are the same format as the environment texture, couldn't they be applied to 3D shapes too?

It is technically not possible to customize lights if a 2D material is created from an image.

How about blurring and cropping the image for material creation to remove the seams and details that don't fare well with materials?

You can import a custom texture. Click on the Texture box and select "Custom Folder" in the popup menu.

But I was referring to materials?

Have multiple shadow, glow or focus points.
You mean, one 3D object should have several shadows, right?

Yes, multiple shadows!

I've passed the rest of your suggestions to the developers.
Nick

Thanks! Is there any upcoming updates to Art Text coming?

Return to “Art Text”