Batch Properties

DaveL17

Batch Properties

Postby DaveL17 » April 6th, 2015, 9:16 pm

Hello - I'm trying to understand whether it's possible to change layer a layer property--specifically the light direction--on multiple layers at one time.

To provide a few more specifics: I have a project file with multiple layers. Each layer is a copy of another layer in the project, and then rotated to a different angle. As I rotate the layer, the drop shadow angle stays constant as I would expect, but the object light doesn't. Well, that's not quite right....it stays constant to the object. That is, if I have the light shine from the upper left and then rotate the layer 180 degrees, the object is lighted from the lower right.

So logically, select all layers and set the light angle on all layers at once. This doesn't work the way I expect--and I'm forced to adjust each layer separately. This is kind of a pain for a project with over 300 layers... :D

Am I missing something?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
Ajax

Re: Batch Properties

Postby Ajax » April 7th, 2015, 6:03 am

It doesn't work this way but you could do a "trick" — adjust a material on a single layer, then open Styles tab and add existing material with all its settings as a custom style. Then select layers and apply the style you made. Please note that shadow and stroke are also part of the style. Plus make sure that "Use Content from Style" should be disabled.
** SCOTT Genius for YevGenius ;) ** MTB Rider **
DaveL17

Re: Batch Properties

Postby DaveL17 » April 7th, 2015, 7:52 pm

Ajax wrote:It doesn't work this way but you could do a "trick" — adjust a material on a single layer, then open Styles tab and add existing material with all its settings as a custom style. Then select layers and apply the style you made. Please note that shadow and stroke are also part of the style. Plus make sure that "Use Content from Style" should be disabled.

Thanks for the quick reply Ajax. I appreciate you taking the time.

I will take a look.
Dave

Return to “Art Text”