Colour changes when exporting

Confident

Postby Confident » February 24th, 2014, 9:20 am

Hi, I have applied a texture by tile to an icon. When I export it, the colour of the texture is different to what I have chosen. Any idea why?
Thank you very much
Nick

Postby Nick » February 24th, 2014, 10:13 am

Hi Confident,

Can you give the way you verify that colors aren't the same? In what software did you preview the created image?

Nick
Confident

Postby Confident » February 24th, 2014, 1:36 pm

Hi Nick,

When I export the logo as a PDF, the colours I selected using Effects/Tile, whilst being the same as the ones I chose, the position differs to the one on the app. Basically, the export seems to select a different area of the Effect style.
Confident

Postby Confident » February 24th, 2014, 1:57 pm

I have the same issue when using clipboard. Thanks again.
Last edited by Confident on February 24th, 2014, 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2014, 3:57 am

Please send your document to support@belightsoft.com providing the link to this topic. I'll try to export and see the difference between the original and PDF.

Nick
Confident

Postby Confident » February 25th, 2014, 6:01 am

Just sent it. Thank you very much.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2014, 9:39 am

Thank you for your files. The problem takes place because of a bug. In your design, you moved the texture off center using the Tile control. In my experiments, the program doesn't save the customized texture position. Once I open my document, the texture is centered every time.

For a workaround, fix the texture position and export your design before closing the document.

Nick
Confident

Postby Confident » February 25th, 2014, 10:26 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks for checking.
Do you mean creating a texture with a position that matches how I want my logo to look like?
How do I fix the texture position?
Last edited by Confident on February 25th, 2014, 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 25th, 2014, 11:18 am

I meant to use the Tile control (square one) to place the texture as you need. Then export the logo to PDF. My test file was exported this way exactly as it looked in Art Text.

If you create a texture that takes the correct place right after applying would be a better solution.

Also, you can split the icon into two part. This will make it easier to apply an individual texture to each part.

Nick
Confident

Postby Confident » February 25th, 2014, 12:19 pm

That is how I did it (Using Tile control) and it didn't work. I just tried again and still have the same problem.
I will see what I can do. Thank you anyway.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 26th, 2014, 4:01 am

That is how I did it (Using Tile control) and it didn't work.

Did you mean that you customized the texture position, and in the exported image the texture looked not as in the program? That is without closing the document or program. If this is correct, please send me the Art Text file you are editing. Also tell what version of Art Text and Mac OS X you have.

Select Art Text > About Art Text to find out the version number.

Nick
Confident

Postby Confident » February 27th, 2014, 2:40 am

Exactly, that is what I meant - Without closing the program. I am using a Mac Version 10.9 and Art Text Version 2.4.6 (513). I sent you the files on Tue, 25 Feb 2014 11:01:06.

Thanks Nick, I appreciate it.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 27th, 2014, 4:03 am

I tested Art Text 2.4.6 on 10.9, so that's strange that the program works differently. Your document can give a clue why this happens.

Your email contained a Word document explaining the problem and the texture you used. I need to have your Art Text file (which was created when you selected File > Save command). If you cannot locate it, open your document in Art Text using File > Open Recent. Then right-click on the file name at the top of the main window. The program will show you the path. Or, choose File > Duplicate, and save the copy to your Desktop.

Before attaching the Art Text file to your email compress it in Finder. Right-click on the file and select the Compress command.

To bypass the bug in the program, I suggest you splitting the icon into two parts. Correspondingly, you need to use two two-colored textures instead of one four-colored. This way, the default position of each texture will match your design idea. You won't need to offset them, and the bug won't take place.

Create two copies of the icon. Remove the left part of one copy, and the right part of another using either method 3 or 4 from this discussion
[quot]http://www.belightsoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=12815[/quot]
Then place the halves of the icon exactly over the original one. Finally, bring up the Layers panel using Window > Show Layers Panel (Cmd-L), and hide the original icon by clearing its check box.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”