Layer Content Window not appearing

kaihu

Postby kaihu » December 27th, 2013, 8:07 pm

I've tried all the stuff mentioned here in the forum, as well as everything else i can think of:

quitting and restarting the program and then opening the program and letting it create a new document.

deleted the program preferences located in user's home library:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.ArtText2.plist

used"zoom" in the window options.

rebooted the computer

I can't access it with the Show Layer Content under "window" or by clicking the thumbnail in the layer panel at the bottom of the screen. It displays "Hide Layer Content" which assumes it is showing but it is nowhere to be found. I've clicked the "hide" and then "show" and still nothing...

It was there one minute and gone the next....

Help, anyone? please?
kaihu

Postby kaihu » December 28th, 2013, 3:05 pm

Here is some additional info if it helps you to help me figure out what's going on:
I have a MacBook computer.
OS 10.7.5
Art Text version 2.4.6 (513)
problem is in both regular and full screen mode

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer... thank you in advance. :-)
Nick

Postby Nick » December 29th, 2013, 5:33 am

Hi kaihu,

A similar problem can happen if you have a computer with the second display connected. You could move that window to the second screen, and then switch it off.

Try to delete and reinstall Art Text. This can help if some it's files are damaged or missing.

Nick
kaihu

Postby kaihu » December 29th, 2013, 10:17 am

Hello Nick,

thanks for your reply. I don't have a computer with a second display. I only have the equipment I described above.

If I delete Art Text, then how can i reinstall it? I only have the one copy that was installed directly from the App site. I don't have another copy. Would you send me another copy? I can give you my receipt number in a private email if you'll give me your email address.

If not, I'd like my $ back as now this product is completely unusable for me and I have a ton of work stored in these files. Extremely disappointing, to say the least. I'll have to recreate all of it in another program.

On your site I wrote an email for support and have not heard a thing back. Again, extremely disappointing.

I certainly hope your company can make good on this.

Sincerely,
Kai
kaihu

Postby kaihu » December 29th, 2013, 12:08 pm

Hello again, Nick,

I found another copy of Art Text 2 in my back up files.
I deleted Art Text 2 on my computer.
I deleted the program preferences located in user's home library:
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.ArtText2.plist, as well as ALL the belight files there.
I rebooted my computer.
I copied a copy of Art Text from my back up files (the one that used to work) into the applications folder.
I opened Art Text and let it create a new file.
That new file still has the same problem. No layer content window.

What do you suggest now?
Nick

Postby Nick » December 30th, 2013, 3:50 am

Hi,

Restoring from your backup wasn't the best way. The program could be damaged before getting into the backup. Or, its version can be outdated. For a more reliable experiment, it is better to download a fresh copy from our website.

You didn't mention whether you downloaded Art Text from our site or from Mac App Store. If you ever used the App Store edition, it saves its settings to a different folder. So, to reset this edition, you need to remove the following folder:
~/Library/Containers/com.belightsoft.ArtText2

Note that this folder contains custom materials and other things you could add to the program to not to lose them, move this folder to your Desktop instead of Trash.

If a newly downloaded program doesn't show the Layer Content window, save the Console log after repeating the problem and send it to support@belightsoft.com providing the link to this discussion.

To save the console log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Also please tell if you can open and operate other windows/panels:
- the Layers panel (Cmd-L)
- the Template Gallery (Cmd-Shift-N)
- the library of predefined styles (Cmd-3).

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » December 30th, 2013, 11:12 am

Try also to delete (or move to Desktop) all Art Text documents from this folder:
~/Library/Autosave Information/

Nick
kaihu

Postby kaihu » December 31st, 2013, 3:24 pm

Hello Nick!

Thanks for your help.

Just to let you know, originally I sent an email to Support at Belight. When I didn't hear back from them I also wrote here in the forum. I finally heard back from Support and they requested that I send the console log, which I did yesterday.

I appreciate your suggestions. One of them worked!! I bought this program from the app store, so I did as you said and removed ~/Library/Containers/com.belightsoft.ArtText2 and it worked! I was able to open the layer content window on a new file as well as my old files. Thank you! All the other windows open as well (they opened before, all except the layer content window).

I have Art Text version 2.4.6 (513). Do you have a more recent version? If so, how can I get on your list to be notified when you have updates?

As I mentioned before, I bought this program from the app store. How can I download a fresh copy from your website? Please send me the instructions on how to do that. I have the receipt number from when I bought it at the app store. I was told that version came already registered.

It sounds like a fresh copy would be a good idea.

Thanks again for your help!
Kai
Nick

Postby Nick » January 1st, 2014, 6:30 am

Hi Kai,

Version 2.4.6 is the most recent version we can offer. When a new update is available, the App Store program will notify you about this. If you need an additional way to get news from us, you can subscribe to our newsletter on this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/company/news/newssubscribe.php?prod=at

The licensing system of App Store is very different from what we and other developers use. So, our license won't work with a copy of the program downloaded from App Store and vice versa.

In order to replace a copy from App Store, you can delete the program and download it using App Store.app - it keeps records on your previous purchases.

Nick
kaihu

Postby kaihu » January 1st, 2014, 5:47 pm

Thanks Nick!

I'll check out the app store.

When I go to the link you gave me:
http://www.belightsoft.com/company/news … hp?prod=at
to subscribe to your newsletter, that link doesn't work.

So I searched and found it here:
http://www.belightsoft.com/company/news/newssubscribe.php
However, when I go to type in my email address, it won't let me type in the box...

Would you please subscribe me? My e is: xxxxxxx

Thank you...
Kai
Last edited by kaihu on January 2nd, 2014, 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 2nd, 2014, 3:04 am

Hi Kai,

We will subscribe you.

I recommend you remove your email from the post in order to not expose it to spammers.

Nick
kaihu

Postby kaihu » January 2nd, 2014, 10:30 am

Thanks Nick!
Happy New Year!

Return to “Art Text”