Exported file is truncated

ronnieb

Postby ronnieb » December 17th, 2013, 2:06 pm

I'm trying to export an Art Text file and the export gif is truncated in the export file.

Here's the file before export in Art Text.

http://cl.ly/image/1Y1G0a3n2U3y

Here's the output file in Apple Preview.

http://cl.ly/image/3A443w0x0z1j

When I use the copy command and then paste the graphic elsewhere, it's fine. All the image is pasted.

Don't understand why it's truncating the file during export.
Last edited by ronnieb on December 17th, 2013, 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 18th, 2013, 3:45 am

Hi ronnieb,

What versions of Art text and Mac OS are on your computer?

Please try to export to the PNG format. Does it work?

What resolution did you set for a GIF file? It can be found in the Export dialog.

Did you select Include Transparency check box?

Nick
ronnieb

Postby ronnieb » December 18th, 2013, 10:37 pm

I'm using OS X 10.9 and Art Text 2.4.6. Yes, I checked the include transparency check box. The resolution for the transparent GIF is 300.

When exporting as PNG, it's fine. There is no truncation.

Thanks for all your help.

Ron
Last edited by ronnieb on December 18th, 2013, 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 19th, 2013, 3:21 am

Hi Ron,

On my computer, a design that is looking like yours was exported to a 300 dpi GIF correctly. Please send your Art text document to support@belightsoft.com along with the link to this topic. I'll try to export it.

Nick
ronnieb

Postby ronnieb » December 19th, 2013, 10:42 am

I think I figured it out. I was exporting from an unsaved Art Text document. After I saved the document and then tried the export to transparent GIF, it worked.

Can you recreate this on your computer?
Nick

Postby Nick » December 20th, 2013, 4:30 am

Hi Ron,

I wasn't able to repeat what you had exactly. But a couple times among several dozens of attempts, I exported incomplete images. In both the heart icon was missing. I haven't found any exact steps to repeat this bug so far.

Do you have any object in your design whose size and location coincides with the "cut line" in your design?
Also, did you use the layer blending tool? It can create an effect similar to applying a mask.

Nick
ronnieb

Postby ronnieb » December 20th, 2013, 10:17 am

Nick, I made a screen recording of my steps at the link below. I opened Art Text and started a new file and then exported it as transparent GIF and the output file is truncated in Preview. Here's the link to the screen recording which is only about 2 min long.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYmYwJ87zHM&feature=youtu.be
Nick

Postby Nick » December 20th, 2013, 11:37 am

Thank you for your video. It clarified the situation. I managed to repeat this bug on a computer with Retina display. You have Retina, right?

The problem repeats with any resolution. When I switch off the transparency, the program exports a GIF file correctly. I wasn't able to export a normal GIF even after saving and reopening the Art Text document. I tested on OS X 10.8.

I couldn't find any way to export to GIF correctly with enabled transparency. A possible workaround, is to export to other format (PNG or TIFF). Then resave the result in Apple Preview or other program to GIF.

I passed these details to the developers.

Nick
ronnieb

Postby ronnieb » December 20th, 2013, 12:18 pm

Okay. That explains it.

Thanks for all your help.

Ron

Return to “Art Text”