Animated GIF export?

akseeker

Postby akseeker » August 24th, 2013, 10:16 pm

Kewl effects by Art Text, but it would be really cool if I could export each layer as a cell in an animated GIF file.

I created a document with a line of text in a circle, then duplicated the layer, rotated it by 7 degrees, duplicated that one, rotated it by 7 degrees, and repeated until I had a full circle.

I'd like to be able to export the file into an animated GIF file, with each rotated layer in a different cell, so I could put it on a web page and have a rotating logo.

Any way to do this at present? I exported the file to GIF, but all layers ended up on one frame.

If not, are you considering adding that option?

Another feature would be to place the text on a cylinder oriented vertically, with the text on the outside surface, and have it rotate the text in that way, too, maybe even have it rotate at an angle (the observer would see the text scroll by on the near side of the cylinder in normal orientation, and as it went around the circle it would appear backward on the far side)

that'd be powerful... !

Thanks!
Nick

Postby Nick » August 25th, 2013, 10:34 am

Hi

At the moment you can only export static pictures and create an animated GIF in another program.

We don't plan to support animated GIFs in nearest updates. We will consider your suggestions for further updates.

Your second task seems to be a simulation of a 3D animation. You can try to do this in a 3D modelling software by applying a texture with text to a cylinder.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”