memory

diegob

Postby diegob » July 13th, 2013, 7:56 pm

i have Art Text 2.4.4 and running Mountain Lion on a mid 2010 Macbook Pro with a 2.4 Ghz intel core 2 duo and i have 4 GB of ram. Running the program eats up memory like no other. Because of this issue, i keep my images really small and then resize them for export but even when I'm working with 80x80px, it still eats up memory. I usually quit all my other programs in order to use it. Once it fills up my ram, then it starts dumping on my hard drive. i currently have 34.21 GB of space left. However, when i run the program, that number quickly drops even to 1 GB and below. So that means it ate up 30GB+ of memory. When i quit the program, it very slowly goes back to normal. I love the program, but the memory issue makes it really difficult to use.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 14th, 2013, 2:58 am

Hi diegob,

Please send your document to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic. Also give me the steps that cause the improper memory use, or tell which tools you used when edited your design. We need to repeat the bug and localize the tool causing the problem.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”