[HELP] ART TEXT 2 STOPPED WORKIG WITH THIRD PARTY FONTS

thermoapps

Postby thermoapps » April 6th, 2013, 10:28 am

Hello,
Recently after installing updating to the newest version of art text it stopped working with third party fonts? This is really important to me - Is there anyway I can fix this?
Regards,
Jack
Nick

Postby Nick » April 7th, 2013, 10:41 am

Hi Jack,

Did you download Art Text from the developer's site or from App Store?
What version of Mac OS is on your computer?
Can you access the needed third party fonts in TextEdit?

For a solution, it sometimes helps to reinstall fonts. If other programs can work with third party fonts but Art Text cannot, try to move these fonts from ~/Library/Fonts to /Library/Fonts that is from your Home to the system Library folder.

Nick
quinnc

Postby quinnc » May 7th, 2013, 6:37 pm

Perhaps a little more info is needed. How do I change this as well. Nick - nothing of what you stated makes any sense. I went to find ~/Library/Fonts not really sure where or what I am supposed to do. The reason I would buy an application like this is so I don't have to do the programming. I am clueless, and don't want to learn how to fix your software, I purchased Art Text so I could utilize the convenience of a well written software. Please release a new update fixing what wasn't broken in the first place.

Is this because you came out with a Font Application? So now we have to pay $39.95 to use what we already had.
Last edited by quinnc on May 7th, 2013, 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 8th, 2013, 2:03 am

Some time ago, Apple has introduced sandboxing. This is a feature in Mac OS that limits the scope of resources that can be accessed by programs. This has made Macs more safe but also made some troubles to users and developers. This issue concerns only software from App Store. Programs downloaded from developers' web sites aren't sandboxed.

Art Text and fonts: if the program cannot access fonts in one of two folders, a solution is to move fonts to the second folder.

Nick

Return to “Art Text”