Recipient Address

AussiePup

Postby AussiePup » January 11th, 2011, 9:22 pm

Ok, I am completely frustrated that I've been unable to figure this out on my own.

Here is my problem .. I need the firstname/lastname and company fields to be bolded. It will only bold one of them. For example, if there is only a firstname/lastname or only a company name, then all is ok, but if there is a firstname, lastname and company name, only whichever one is placed on the first line is bolded. Surely there has to be a way to tell the program to bold these fields regardless of placement?

Here is why this is important to me. For example, if I have a couple with different lastnames and they are long names, then I have to break their names onto separate lines, due to the length of both on the same line. If only the first one is bolded, then it appears as if I am attaching more importance to one recipient over the other.

Understand that I'm not talking about doing one label at a time, but wanting the template to operate with a group of recipients, with some having just a firstname/lastname or just a company, but one could have both.

Please tell me that this can be done!

Thanks,

Martin
Nick

Postby Nick » January 12th, 2011, 4:37 am

Hi Martin,

You should double-click on each field you wish to modify, select text in it and choose the typeface in the Fonts pane (press Cmd-T to open it). Some fonts don't have the bold or italic typefaces.

Once you have selected the bold typeface for a certain field, this property will apply to a new address you select.

Nick
AussiePup

Postby AussiePup » January 12th, 2011, 6:46 pm

Nick,

Thanks so much ... that did it! One thing ... I looked in the documentation with the search key word "bold" and couldn't find any reference to how this is done. Is there a section that deals with this?

Thanks,

Martin
Last edited by AussiePup on January 12th, 2011, 6:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 13th, 2011, 3:48 am

If you type "bold" into the search box, the Help Viewer must lead you to several pages. One of them is about the menu commands:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/labelsaddresses/LAHelp/ui_menus.html#format

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”