Comma Placement in Address Fields

AussiePup

Postby AussiePup » January 7th, 2011, 6:29 pm

Hi,

Just purchased L&A and only have one question. In the recipient address, there seems to be 2 spaces after the city and its comma and also after the state. Having the zipcode 2 spaces after the state is fine, but the city should be, for example, "Burlington, NC" with only one space between the comma and state. Is there anywhere that I can change this behavior? I have been unable to find.

Other than that, this is the most well thought-out, feature laden program that I have purchased and to top that off, it actually works!

I have already been responsible for another sale for you, so I am firmly in your camp, as an avid supporter!

Thanks,

Martin
Nick

Postby Nick » January 8th, 2011, 2:55 am

Hi Martin,

Thanks for using our software!

The user cannot adjust the spacings between the address fields. The program works this way to meet the post service standards and keep the address readable.

USPS recommendations can be found here:
http://pe.usps.gov/text/pub28/pub28c2_009.htm

Nick
AussiePup

Postby AussiePup » January 8th, 2011, 10:34 am

Thanks for the prompt reply. As I stated before, I agree with the 2 spaces between the state and zipcode, but 2 spaces between the city and state is a bit overkill, especially since there is a comma delimiter. I have checked with the post office and as their regulation states, 1 space is adequate between city and state and, in fact, the vast majority of mailers use city, comma and one space between city and state.

That being said, I am okay with your handling of this issue, as just one little blip in the overall scheme of things is a blessing!

Keep up the good work!

Martin

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”