Suppress Country Field not working

akell

Postby akell » December 6th, 2008, 7:08 am

I am unable to stop the country field printing when posting to the same country. I have set the preferences to suppress country field when in same country but the it still appears. Please advise.
Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » December 8th, 2008, 8:05 am

Hi akell,

If you are going to send mail from UK to UK, try to choose your country name (United Kingdom) in the program preferences, on the Address Panel tab.

Nick
akell

Postby akell » December 8th, 2008, 8:25 am

Hello Nick,
Thanks for the reply.
I have the United Kingdom selected in the Address Panel Preferences. Still prints UK under every address.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 8th, 2008, 11:05 am

In the program there are some rules (I don't know how they wok) that decide if the country field should disappear at printing.

For a workaround, you can remove the country field from the address panel. For this, right-click on the address panel and choose Ungroup in the pop-up menu. The address panel will turn into a number of separate data fields. Delete the country field. Then select all the rest fields, right-click on the selection and choose Group.

Nick
akell

Postby akell » December 8th, 2008, 11:14 am

Thanks Nick
I have tried a number of things with no success. I can either print the country field or not, but I cannot suppress the country if it is the same as the senders country, as it says in the documentation.

I can use the workaround you suggest, but will have to create a separate print run for those addresses that need the country printed (ie non UK addresses in my case). I can create separate mail lists for UK and nonUK addresses.

Shame this feature does not work as it would make mailing much simpler.

Thanks for the response.
julesmim

Postby julesmim » February 16th, 2011, 1:42 pm

Hello,
I’m now working with version 1.5.5. of Labels & Addresses, and I have the same problem.
I open the Preferences.
In the Printing tab, I check the option "Suppress Country Field"
In the Address Panel tab, I choose "Italy" for the "Default address format" option.
In my Senders list, my name as a sender has in all three addresses (Home, Work, Other), the field "Country" with the value "Italy".
And still the country is printed for the recipients that are in the country ’Italy"
Could it be that the fact that my Mac OS X 10.6.6 is French somehow matters here?
Please fix this, because it is quite useful when you always have to print etiquettes for mixed recipients (local and international).
(I’m a French Canadian living in Italy, that is why I use "Italy" as local country.
Once fixed, an important improvement would be to allow the local name of the country to match (in this case "Italia")

By the way I notice that the localization of the program is incomplete.
If I use Language Switcher to launch it in Italian, it creates a new file with an Italian name (Senza titolo) but all the menus are still in English.
If I launch it in French, the menus are in French, but the name of the countries in the popup menu in the Address Panel tab are all in English (for example, "Italy").

I appreciate a lot the power Labels & Addresses, but this seems to me an important bug. May I expect a fix in a future update?

Thanks for your attention.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 17th, 2011, 6:49 am

Hi,

On my computer the "Suppress Country Field" option works. I tried to print with both Italy and Italia in the address. In the Preferences I had "Italy" as the default country. "Italy" was also specified in the address.

Please send your document containing the address that does print the country name to support@belightsoft.com Add the link to this topic in your email.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”