Custom Layout

franck91

Postby franck91 » January 2nd, 2007, 12:18 pm

Select Layout then Choice Custom then edit, let's define a standard A4 page,
This page is displayed as portrait, but the orientation selection between portrait & Landscape seem to change nothing apparently the display stays on portrait....

Any comments to clarify this ?
rgds
fr
Nick

Postby Nick » January 3rd, 2007, 8:37 am

We should consider two meanings of the "orientation" term.

1. How the label is shown in the editing window.
For predefined labels you have the "Design Orientation" option below the paper list.
For custom paper it is set by the "Orientation" option in the custom paper dialog (this is what you tried to use).

2. The orientation of the label on the paper sheet. Most (if not all) label paper has horizontal labels.
To change this kind of orientation, swap width and height of the label.

Nick
toto

Postby toto » June 7th, 2012, 10:07 am

Hello,

I am creating my own business card in vertical/portrait layout with a prepared jpeg image as background. When I open a custom file to use my existing portrait background layout the paper orientation is on horizontal/landscape.

How do i create a custom layout page that would fit my image background that is vertical when the page orientation upon opening is horizontal/landscape?

Also how do adjust the size if I want to customize the size of the business card to fit my customize card layout?

Right now I can't check my business card application if the quote below is the answer to my question so please bear with me.

Thank you in advance.

Toto

Nick wrote:We should consider two meanings of the "orientation" term.

1. How the label is shown in the editing window.
For predefined labels you have the "Design Orientation" option below the paper list.
For custom paper it is set by the "Orientation" option in the custom paper dialog (this is what you tried to use).

2. The orientation of the label on the paper sheet. Most (if not all) label paper has horizontal labels.
To change this kind of orientation, swap width and height of the label.

Nick
Nick

Postby Nick » June 8th, 2012, 2:35 am

Hi Toto,

To change the card orientation, use the Orientation control in the Document tab of the Inspector.

To choose a different size for a business card you can either select some other paper layout or create a custom one. To do this, click the Change Layout button in the Document tab of the Inspector. Then select a paper stock in the Predefined tab, or create a new layout in the Custom tab.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”