Home Edition - conditional Family formatting

Jaharmi

Postby Jaharmi » December 15th, 2006, 1:42 pm

Is there a way to get conditional family formatting — such as “The Smith Family” — only when there is a completed Spouse field in an Address Book import?

For example, I have several people in an Address Book group and I want to print out labels for the entire group. Some of the people are single, others are married. I’d like to print a label addressed to the person, not the family, for the single people. For those who have a Spouse listed, I’d like to print a label with the built-in Family style.

I haven’t looked in much depth at the program and definitely not looked into any conditional capabilities it may have. However, I do much prefer the handling of Family style formatting over competition like the SOHO products from Chronos.

The only workaround I can think of off the top of my head is to have two different Address Book groups, one with single people and the other with families, and then print out labels for each. However, I’d prefer to get one combined label set to make sure I use all of the labels on my standard Avery label sheets. (If there’s a way to combine two different groups into one print job or re-use the unused portion of a label sheet, that would be okay, too.)

Thanks!
juliadee

Postby juliadee » December 16th, 2006, 1:37 pm

YES YES YES! The "Family" option is brilliant, but the fact that it's global makes it nearly useless. I've got a lot of business associates who I like to keep listed as single business entities, but come Christmas card time (my main reason for purchasing the program) I'd like to send a card to them and their families. Conditional is one way to fix the problem as suggested by Jaharmi, -or- it'd be fine with me if it just be applied manually on a record-by-record basis.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 18th, 2006, 8:07 am

Hi,
We will consider such feature.
Thanks for suggestion.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”