Home Edition - Printing lables to more than one address

akell

Postby akell » December 8th, 2006, 12:30 pm

Can you print labels to more than one address in one session. The software seems to let you do this but only prints one address lable at a time. Note I am using the evaluation copy.

I do not see the point of this application it the limitation is only printing one label at a time.
genevish

Postby genevish » December 13th, 2006, 11:00 pm

I too am having this problem. Is there a way to take a group of addresses from the OS X Address Book and print them on a 20-up mailing label, for example? I can only see how to print a single address at a time.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 14th, 2006, 6:20 am

Hi,
Mail Factory Home Edition cannot print multiple addresses in one session. If you need such functionality, upgrade to the standard version:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/mailfactory/versch/versfullform.php

Nick
juliadee

Postby juliadee » December 16th, 2006, 2:07 pm

That should be made MUCH more clear on the website. What kind of useless label printer can only print one label at a time? OK, good for printing a bunch of return labels, but that's about it unless you want to send 150 Christmas cards to one person...
akell

Postby akell » December 17th, 2006, 8:14 am

I agree, and this was the point in my original post.

I think this limitation removes the major benefit of the software and makes the home edition useless for most casual users wanting to mail their Christams cards! Could the limitation on the home edition be changed to something a little less restictive? For example, a limit of 100 mail lables at one go? This would likely cover most home users needs while being enough of a imitation for large commercial users to make them by the non home edition.
Jaharmi

Postby Jaharmi » December 17th, 2006, 4:54 pm

I agree; I was just looking at Mail Factory HE for the exact same reason. However, the limitation on printing only one address labels/envelopes/etc. is both highly confusing and negates the main reason why I would consider the “home edition.”

The biggest reasons I would want (or have wanted) to print labels or envelopes at home have been for occasions like Christmas, parties, special events, and so on … and as such, the home edition doesn’t meet my home needs. Maybe “home edition” isn’t the correct name for the lower end package.

This limitation, in my opinion, is not adequately explained in any of the marketing materials or on-line help (within the program and on the Web site). I’d urge you to better explain this difference and reconsider this limitation altogether in the home edition. In particular, I'd explain this wherever you describe the differences between the regular product and HE, and on the page that describes how to handle Print Lists at:

http://www.belightsoft.com/products/companion/printers/labelprint.php

The purchase page does mention that HE doesn't have support for "mass mailings" but it fails to drive home the point that this includes all multi-address printings:

"NOTE! Home Edition does not have Merge Printing for mass mailings and supports limited address sources."

I’m not trying to be mean or anything, but I spent a lot of time getting my Address Book contacts in shape to use within this product as a trial run before purchase. (Fwiw, it’s much farther and with better quality than I’ve gotten with competing packages.) It’s only at this point I’ve discovered that I can’t print all of the labels in one batch … and it seems that other consumers/home users might reach this same point before hitting the HE limitation.
Last edited by Jaharmi on December 17th, 2006, 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 18th, 2006, 7:57 am

Hi,
Mail Factory Home Edition was intended for those who don't need mass mailing.
We let users try the program and estimate its capabilities before purchase. Even after purchase you can upgrade to the standard edition of the program.

We'll make changes on our site to make difference between Mail Factory and Mail Factory Home Edition more clear.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”