Import names from Filemaker Pro

GAIL

Postby GAIL » September 4th, 2007, 2:24 pm

1. I have downloaded your "look see" application of MAIL FACTORY. However looking through all the pull down menus...I don't see any one that says or implies "IMPORT". Only EXPORT. I am interested in IMPORTING addresses from Filemaker Pro (or an exported "TAB DELIMINATED" file version) and printing address lables with postal bar codes on Avery 5160 labels (30-up).

2. In your ENVELOPE templates, your templates set up the address in the middle, or left or right side of the envelop, but not in the space recommeded by the US Postal Service. In addition, I don't think (not absolutely sure at this moment), that US Postal Service would accept FLUSH RIGHT addressing. USPS would like to have the address to in the lower right 1/3 of the the envelope. Not in the middle or on the left. Can you comment on this?

Thanks GAIL
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » September 4th, 2007, 3:47 pm

Hi GAIL,

About the first point:
There're two places from where you may select FileMaker (or others) as datas source:
- the Assistant
-- after selecting the label type (Manufacturer, Paper size) then a design, there's a menu in the third window (One Recipient/Multiple Recipients tabs).
- the document window
-- open the Contacts panel
Use "Edit List… " from the From tab, the pop-up menu from the To tab or Edit Print List… from the Print List tab

Hope this helps.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » September 5th, 2007, 2:32 am

Hi GAIL,

In Mail Factory, you can see area for addresses marked on the envelope: View > Show Postal Guidelines.
Here are recommendations from USPS:
http://www.usps.com/send/preparemailandpackages/labelsandaddressing/usingthecorrectaddress.htm
According to this page, addresses in mail Factory are placed correctly.
If you know where to find more detailed recommendations, please tell me.
I looked through templates in Mail Factory and haven't found any address touches the right side.

As far as I know, the most strict rules cover the placement of bar codes (because they are read by machines).

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”