”Twinlabels”

bobo elcar

Postby bobo elcar » August 24th, 2007, 9:46 am

hello
I want to create a set of labels and want the labels to count up as follow: 1,1,2,2,3,3,4,4 and so on.
I´ve tried in so many way by using the counter but I can´t make it right. What do I do wrong?

Kind regards
Bobo
Nick

Postby Nick » August 27th, 2007, 8:46 am

Hi Bobo,

There is nothing wrong in your actions. But the counter always increments the value before putting onto a label.

If you just need to print two copies of labels (and it doesn't matter whether they are on the same sheet or not), print 1, 2, 3... labels, then repeat printing 1, 2, 3... once more.

Nick
bobo elcar

Postby bobo elcar » August 28th, 2007, 3:31 am

hi,
thanks for your answer.
The problem is that I want to put numbers on sets (10x50 A4 papers) of invoices and need the same invoicenumber at page 1 as at page 2 (the copy). I want to do a printout without having to do it in two steps. But I understand now that your app. is not the right one to go for this mission.

Kind regards
Bobo
Nick

Postby Nick » August 28th, 2007, 9:29 am

Hi,
Mail Factory can import data from a text file and insert it automatically into a text field named File Data. Such a field should be linked to a file by using the Inspector. But this seems to be not useful for you because you will have to create this file by yourself.

Do your twin-labels have exactly the same information?
If yes, I think, it's possible one more trick.
Let's imagine, your actual paper has 2 labels per row. You create custom paper that has 1 label per row (just for design purpose). This big label should have exactly the same size and position as two labels in the corresponding row. For instance, if you want print on paper like Avery J8563 (14 labels), you should create paper that has 7 labels like Avery 5102.
On each half of the custom bigger label, you put a copy of information to print. Place a counter field onto the left part and its copy on the right (the same number will be printed). When you are printing, counters with equal numbers will get onto two adjacent labels on the paper.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”