Importing adresses in French from Excel

Ger

Postby Ger » June 25th, 2007, 4:06 am

I tried to import adresses from an Excel file into Mail Factory. All went well, except the fact that all the letters with an accent (such as é, è, ù, ç, ô), are ignored by Mail Factory, so they are omitted in the resulting labels. There is no problem when I am using the Adress Book. Could this be a bug in Mail Factory?
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » June 25th, 2007, 4:23 am

Hi Ger,
Try to save your Excel file with utf-8 (Unicode) as text encoding.
(not sure it's helps you as I don't use Microsoft apps and so may not try this).
Or export it to a text file (with TAB as separator) then import it in Mail Factory.
From the Import window, you'll have the choice of text encoding format (Classic Mac Roman encoding is certainly the default one used by some Microsoft applications (on Mac)).
Hope this helps.
Last edited by Jean-Jacques Boutaud on June 25th, 2007, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Ger

Postby Ger » June 25th, 2007, 5:22 am

Hi Jean-Jacques,
thanks for your excellent suggestion. I didn't find UTF-F 8, but tried Unicode UTF-16 instead. Excel created a .txt file, that I imported in Mail Factory as a Text File. In the resulting window, I also choose UTF-16 as the format, and all worked well.
zlatan24

Postby zlatan24 » August 3rd, 2009, 3:09 pm

Yesterday I opened my excel files and saw that all information in it were deleted.But fortunately mylelf helped-recovering Excel spreadsheet.It is free as far as I know,besides that tool can so scan damaged Microsoft Excel worksheet and repair it,work with *.xls, *.xlam, *.xltx, *.xlt and *.xlsm formats.

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”