Really Frustrating Software

johnartless

Really Frustrating Software

Postby johnartless » November 2nd, 2014, 9:11 pm

When this software works it's great, but I must say that it doesn't very often and must be the most frustrating and time consuming piece of software I have ever used.I have wasted hours trying to get it to work properly
Here's what happens
I try and import addresses from Excel and when Excel opens it give me a message that this workbook contains features that will not work if you save it in the selected format. It is a plain .xls file which opens for other applications no problems. I select continue and (because if I select cancel labels and addresses has nothing to import)
It then gives me the import pop up box in labels & addresses and I select the fields and press ok. Then I get the spinning wheel and nothing happens it says application not responding.
I have uninstalled the software on numerous occassions but to no avail- I have also deleted the various files you suggest.
I am at my absolute wits end
Please help
Thanks
John
Ps I have tried Numbers but no success there.
I am running Mac 10.10 but same problems existed in 10.9
Nick

Re: Really Frustrating Software

Postby Nick » November 3rd, 2014, 6:55 am

Hi John,

Please send your Excel file (the one you worked with or a test spreadsheet) in order to let us repeat the problem on our test computer. Also we need to see a screenshot of the message you mentioned. Send these details to support@belightsoft.com together with the link to this topic.

To take a screenshot, press Cmd-Shift-4 and select the needed area on the screen. The created picture will be saved on your Desktop.

Can you see that message when you open your .xls file in Excel?

Nick
johnartless

Postby johnartless » November 3rd, 2014, 12:02 pm

Hi Nick,
Thanks for the reply.
I have done as you requested (made a smaller excel file though).
Same results.... Excel file and screenshot emailed to you now
John
johnartless

Postby johnartless » November 3rd, 2014, 1:19 pm

In answer to your second question, when I open the Excel file used I do not get that message unless it's being used by Labels and Addresses
Nick

Postby Nick » November 4th, 2014, 4:43 am

Thank you for your file, I've received it.

What version of Excel are you using?

At the moment, you can import data from your Excel file using an alternative way. In Excel, export information to a text file (for instance, tab-delimited), and import from it to Labels & Addresses.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”