Individual Bar Code Labels

rodwslc

Individual Bar Code Labels

Postby rodwslc » July 17th, 2014, 2:06 pm

I watched the Labels & Addresses Video Tutorial on Bar Code & File Data and I was able to produce a file of many different bar codes with word data explaining each bar code item from the data file.

My question is how do I print out individual label bar codes for, say a individual bar code? When I attempt to print the file, it appears that all I can do is print the list from the first bar code thru how ever many I select. That's not what I want to do, I want to print some bar codes like 5 or 10 copies of one particular barcode, then maybe 3 of another bar code and so on, with out printing the whole list up to those particular bar codes.

Ideally, I would like to have a individual bar code label file for each of the 11,000+ bar codes that I have, without having to manually typing each of the 11,000+ bar code labels, so that I can select one bar code label at a time and print the amount of bar code labels I need for that bar code.

If anyone has any suggestion or can tell me how to achieve that, that would be greatly appreciated.

Rod Souza
Lisa Souza Dyeworks
Nick

Re: Individual Bar Code Labels

Postby Nick » July 18th, 2014, 5:55 am

Hi Rod,

Data for non-postal bar codes can be imported using the way you learned from the tutorial, or entered manually using the Inspector.

The other ways work only with mailing bar codes.

Nick
rodwslc

Postby rodwslc » July 18th, 2014, 1:50 pm

Hi Nick,

Thank you for the reply. Is there a way to bulk import the 11,000+ bar codes with the data fields and get individual files for each bar code?

I need to print mass quantities of a specific label (3 to20) at a time and I don't want to have to print all 11,000+ labels each time to get the required number of specific labels I need.

I am trying to figure out how to import the data for all 11,000+ bar code labels without having to individually type in each one.

I am attaching a sample copy of one of the bar code labels that I am trying to make.
Hardtwist Petite Blue Sky.laba.zip
Nick, here is a copy of one of the bar codes
(5.1 KiB) Downloaded 52 times

Thank you for your help on this issue.

Regards,

Rod Souza
Lisa Souza Dyeworks
Nick

Postby Nick » July 21st, 2014, 3:59 am

Hi Lisa,

You can control information to print either before importing it or in the Print dialog.

Before importing, you can edit the main text file or create a new one to import from. To print the same information on several labels, make copies of the corresponding line in your text.

To print a part of your data, you can copy it to a separate file. The second way is to place the data at the beginning of the file, and print only first N lines by setting the "Number of labels" in the Print dialog to N.

Nick
rodwslc

Postby rodwslc » July 21st, 2014, 9:35 am

Hi Nick,

Thanks you for the reply. Your answer is a work around, but not what I was hoping for.

I was hoping not to have to import each and every bar code label individualy of the 11,000+ labels I need. That is going to be very time consuming. :cry:

Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

If anyone else who is reading this forum has any suggestions on how to solve this labor intensive problem, I would really appreciate your help. :)

Regards,

Rod Souza
Lisa Souza Dyeworks

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”