slow to launch

flowercat

slow to launch

Postby flowercat » July 11th, 2014, 2:59 am

Labels and Addresses is taking a long time to open - I just updated it to the latest version and am running Mavericks on my Mac. I have been using this software for a while and love it - but can't wait that long for it to decide to open.
What is causing it and how can I sort it out?
Any help welcome!
Nick

Re: slow to launch

Postby Nick » July 11th, 2014, 7:06 am

Hi flowercat,

Please try this:
1. Open Labels & Addresses, close all documents if any of them open open up automatically. Then quit the program, reboot your computer, and open Labels & Addresses again (just the program without any document). If the problem doesn't repeat, probably it was caused by some documents.

If there is no changes, proceed to step 2.

2. Download a copy of the program from our site. Run it without opening any of your documents. If it opens faster than the updated copy, maybe updating wasn't successful. In this case, if you purchased the program from App Store, delete all present copies and download Labels & Addresses from App Store. If you purchased the program from us directly, delete the updated copy and keep the recently downloaded one.

If the new copy of the program opens slowly as well, please send your console log to support@belightsoft.com providing the link to this topic.

To save the console log, reopen Labels & Addresses and wait until it is ready to use. Then open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”