template for repeated importing of same list source

wtalderson

Postby wtalderson » February 11th, 2013, 1:07 am

I have set up and imported successfully from Excel and .csv files. However, every time I need to reimport the list (my understanding is I cannot new contacts to the list in L&A directly) I have to remap the fields all over again and then import. I am setting this up for a USER not a tech like me and I want to make it simple. A macro or some kind of template to simplify this would be welcome. It may be that I am simply missing something you have already provided for. If so, my apologies, but could you either explain that here or reference the pdf manual so I can write instructions for Joe user.
Thanks in advance,
Bill
P. S. I am also looking for a way to change the font or at least the font size for the labels as well.
Nick

Postby Nick » February 11th, 2013, 11:11 pm

Hi Bill,

Our program cannot remember how you mapped the fields when you imported data. You need to repeat this every time. We'll consider adding this feature.

If the amount of information changed in your Excel or .cvs file is small, and you know what was changed, you can manually update the imported data. To do this, add all imported contacts to a new print list. Then you will be able to edit them manually and add new contacts.

To change the font and font size, you can use the Text tab of the Inspector.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”