L & A won't print on #10 envelope

collegechurch

Postby collegechurch » July 25th, 2012, 10:06 am

I browsed several pages of this forum and didn't find the answer to this. I am having a lot of trouble getting L & A to print on a standard #10 envelope. I selected #10 in the assistant, put in my return address (that's all I need right now), inserted a small image, and tried to print.

The address simply will not print on the envelope. First I tried center feed in the L&A print window and fed the envelope with the long edge perpendicular to the printer. Then I rotated the label to various positions - either it won't print at all or it puts it halfway off the envelope.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 25th, 2012, 2:47 pm

Hi,

Since with certain settings the program prints a part of the address, you need to verify the print options in the Print dialog of L&A. If I could see the printed address, I would better understand what is wrong.

The paper tray in your printer must have guides you adjust to match the width of plain paper or envelopes. Make sure that their position corresponds the envelope size. Whith the correctly positioned guides you can see if the envelope in the paper tray is centered or near one of the sides. Set the Paper Feed option correspondingly. The Rotate buttons are needed to rotate the address by 180 degrees. Be careful, don't print the address across the envelope.

Laser printers may have a separate paper tray for envelopes. If your printer is one of them, select the "Load from envelope tray" check box.

In the system print dialog, make sure that you have the default preset and no any special paper handling option, no scaling, etc.

In the preview of the system print dialog, see if the address and image are on the correct place.

Also please check the printer documentation. It should contain guidelines on how to print on envelopes.

Nick

Making test prints, you can use the same envelope (the one with partially printed address).

If no success, please indicate the version of Mac OS on your computer and the name of your printer.
collegechurch

Postby collegechurch » July 26th, 2012, 9:09 am

I just checked the L&A print options and they seem fine.

My printer does not have a separate envelope tray, I just use the manual feed (this printer calls it Stack Bypass). The tray does have guides and I use them to center the envelope. But I must then return the guides to the letter setting or the printer says that the paper doesn't match the settings. But the envelope remains centered and feeds correctly.

I have tried multiple rotations in the L&A print dialog.

In my system print dialog it was set to scale to paper size. I turned that off but it has made no difference.

I will check the printer's envelope

System Info:
Mac OS X 10.6.8
L&A 1.6.3 (v463)

Printer:
Canon iR C3380
collegechurch

Postby collegechurch » July 26th, 2012, 10:05 am

The printer's documentation didn't provide any new insight, but I finally found an orientation and feeding scheme that will work. Thanks for your help.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 26th, 2012, 10:26 am

In the printer documentation (I've found one for c3380, without "i" in the end of the name), it is going about an envelope feeder. In the picture, it looks like a special mechanism for envelopes in the upper drawer. It is very probable that with such envelope feeder, we need to activate the "Load from envelope tray" check box in the Labels & Addresses print dialog. Try to do this.

Nick
collegechurch

Postby collegechurch » July 26th, 2012, 10:59 am

In the manual at

http://www.blueridgecopier.com/User_Manuals/2880%203880/copier_c3380_c2880_series_reference_guide.pdf

pgs. 3-2 and 3-3, it lists the envelope feeder as an option, and we don't have it.
Nick

Postby Nick » July 27th, 2012, 3:27 am

Thanks for the link.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”