How to change 1 or 2 address names

hogtide56

Postby hogtide56 » December 18th, 2011, 9:22 pm

I have a list uploaded from Address Book and the template set up to show "The XXXX Family". However, I have a few folks who that would be inappropriate for. Is there any way to go in and edit these files individually before the batch print?
Also, is there a way to remove the country field from the "Family" template without hiding it? It makes the spacing off, if it is just hidden and not removed.
Thanks!
Nick

Postby Nick » December 19th, 2011, 4:26 am

Hi hogtide56,

You can add the contacts you wish to modify from the Address Book to the internal database Print List. If you edit the contact here, the Address Book content won't be changes.

To avoid printing the country, you can select the Suppress Country Field. This affects all contacts you print if your country (see Preferences > Address Panel) is the same as in the address of the recipient.

To remove the Country, you can add this address to the Print List and edit it.

Also, you can delete the country field from the address panel. Right-click on the panel and select "Split Address Panel". Now all fields can be manipulated individually. Delete Country. Then select all the rest, right-click and choose "Combine Address Panel".

Nick
hogtide56

Postby hogtide56 » December 19th, 2011, 3:20 pm

Thanks, I was able to remove the country field by doing what you said and splitting the address panel.
I still can't seem to get the editing of individual labels fixed though. I created a "print List 1" with all the addresses I plan to use. Then I went to edit an individual address and change it so it would be a single person instead of a family. When I did this, it changed all the others labels.
Sorry for my confusion.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 20th, 2011, 11:47 am

Hi,

I meant to edit individual contacts in the Print List. In the window described on this page:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/labelsaddresses/LAHelp/addresses_databases.html
you can select a contact in the middle, and modify its details in the right panel.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”