save as template

kingsteel

Postby kingsteel » August 9th, 2011, 4:46 pm

When I finally got a label to print as I wanted it, I selected save as template. It saves it to a folder called My Templates, but when I open labels and addresses the next time, and want to find that template, it doesn't appear in the custom section for labels. How can I get it to reside there, as a custom label, rather than in a separate file somewhere else.
Last edited by kingsteel on August 9th, 2011, 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 10th, 2011, 4:31 am

Hi kingsteel,

You can save a custom template using File > Save As Template. This command saves your document as an individual file to the dedicated folder. To use your template, open the Assistant (Cmd-Shift-N), choose the Designs tab, and select MY TEMPLATES category.

Also you can create a custom layout. This way you don't create any individual document. The program adds the set of dimensions to the library. To access to custom layouts, select File > Change Layout. Then move to the Custom category.

Since a template is a regular document, you can save multiple designs in it (disc label, tray insert and so on). A layout is one of them and it doesn't contain any design.

Nick

Return to “Labels & Addresses / Mail Factory”