Installing

belight

Postby belight » May 22nd, 2007, 12:16 pm

Hi
I am unable to install Publisher from disc which arrived today. I have downloaded software which is a dmg file but when I try to open it has changed to a 2 mpkg file. Any help would be appreciated.
Regards
Nick

Postby Nick » May 23rd, 2007, 3:36 am

Hi,
Check what program is assigned to the dmg extension. For this, select the file in Finder and choose Get Info in the context menu. What do you have in the Open with section? DMG files are mounted by the DiscImageMounter application. If you have other program set, select DiscImageMounter in the drop-down menu.

Nick
belight

Postby belight » May 23rd, 2007, 1:11 pm

Hi Nick
Found swift publisher dmg in finder, went to get info in the context menu. Disc Image Mounter is set as default. Still can't open publisher, get 2.1 pkg but won't go any further.
Peter
Nick

Postby Nick » May 24th, 2007, 3:15 am

Hi,
Double-clicking the pkg file should start the installer. If doesn't, see in Get Info what program is associated with *.pkg - normally, this is Installer.app

On other side, you can test the DiscImageMounter - Installer chain. This will help us to understand what causes the problem. Try to install some other software you have (actually you shouldn't install, it's enough for the test to get the first step, and then quit the installer).
If the the installer open by double-clicking a pkg file, probably it is something wrong with downloaded Swift Publisher package.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”