SP 2 Anomalies

coolowl2006

Postby coolowl2006 » May 8th, 2007, 2:21 am

Or perhaps bugs, maybe?

OK: I'm laying out one Master Page. I deleted the Master B ... when I hit the 'edit master' button, it throws up Master B. Weird. It's not the behaviour I expected.

I've done the header, that worked fine.

Now I'm on the footer - it's a fine line above with an em dash and space, the page number and space and another em dash. I select 'below centered' and the page number comes out on the left margin. I hit the centre button on the Text Inspector, that works OK. Then I tried, several times, to select the font which is the same as the header font and worked fine when I did the header. No amount of clicking made the font change. Then I tried a work-around of using one of my styles. That changed the font OK but when I tried to increase the text size, the text reverted to the default. So I now cannot make the footer the way I want it.

And the footer, btw, is the page number. Now that's a different thing, too. I selected page 1 (please try and make this variable!) but the 'add to master page' check box was greyed out.

There's a bit more than this e.g. when I re-opened the document I was working on (the one I'm writing about) there was nothing on it like everything had not been saved. But I added a couple of pages and behold! the text was there where it had not been before. Weird, huh?

AND the page number is always 1 no matter how many pages I add.

AND often the Text Inspector doesn't become acitve no matter how often I click on it yet sometimes it works OK.

AND I did the upgrade, following the installer (which, btw, does not quit when it's finished and the virtual disk cannot be ejected until the installer is quit manually) I found that I had 2 copies of SP. Now do I trash the v1 copy? Do I keep both? This is confusing, please advise on this and the weird behavious I've been experiencing.

Regards

Elaine
Nick

Postby Nick » May 8th, 2007, 5:00 am

Hi,
I'm laying out one Master Page. I deleted the Master B ... when I hit the 'edit master' button, it throws up Master B. Weird. It's not the behaviour I expected.

Are you sure the Master B was deleted? Maybe it was in the list but wasn't applied to any page.

Now I'm on the footer - it's a fine line above with an em dash and space, the page number and space and another em dash. I select 'below centered' and the page number comes out on the left margin.

Trying to reproduce the problem, I have found that page number was added onto an incorrect place when the page was rotated. Did you insert a page number onto a rotated page?
(I have already added this bug into the list to fix.)

Changing the font size of the page number worked fine - I checked all ways to do this I could find. Could you give me a clue how to repeat this?

I selected page 1 (please try and make this variable!) but the 'add to master page' check box was greyed out.

The check box is grayed out when the current page does not have a Master. And, when you bring up the page numbering dialog by double-clicking the page number box.

The program behaviour described at the end of the post is a real anomaly.
Please remove the program from the Applications folder and the preferences file com.belightsoft.SwiftPublisher2.plist
from the ~(User Home)/Library/Preferences/ folder.
Then run the full installer SP 2.1 (260):
http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/164127-RCMO/SwiftPublisher.dmg
Probably there was something wrong during the installation process.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”