Page Numbering with Master Page

coolowl2006

Postby coolowl2006 » May 7th, 2007, 1:23 am

Good morning ... good work to get version 2 out, updated and running well :-) Some of the issues I met with v 1 have been fixed. Great to see the Master Pages option available. But - oh dear ... I haven't worked out yet how to get the numbering to start at page 2 since I don't use a number on page 1 ... is it possible to begin with page 2 and have the rest of the pages automatically follow? If not, then there's little point in it for me since the manual page numbering was prepared to begin at page 2.

I downloaded the User Guide only to find it covered v 1 - is there any chance of a full User Guide for v2?

Best regards from Australia - Elaine
Nick

Postby Nick » May 7th, 2007, 8:13 am

Hi,
The User Guide is not ready yet.

Swift Publisher can number pages beginning with the page 1 only. Add a blank page to make your first page get the number 2. When printing, skip the blank page.

Nick
coolowl2006

Postby coolowl2006 » May 7th, 2007, 8:47 am

Nick wrote:Add a blank page to make your first page get the number 2. When printing, skip the blank page.

Ooof, that's klunky! OK it's a temporary workaround (thank you for the idea) which I hope will be sorted in the next incarnation.

Best regards

Elaine
Nick

Postby Nick » May 8th, 2007, 3:29 am

Hello Elaine,
With time, we will improve page numbering.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”