[SP 2.1] Unsaved "Object causes wrap" with Text Box used as

Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » May 6th, 2007, 9:11 am

Hi Nick,
SP 2.1 is a nice update, several bugs have been fixed (rotated pages, imposition of square document…).
But it seems that there're some new bugs ;^):
- when using "Object causes wrap" with a Text Box as object, this setting isn't saved (and Extra Space value is zeroed). This occurs only with Text Box not when an image is used as "Object causes wrap".
- the Color panel state (display/hide, position) isn't saved (it was in SP 2.0x). It's not necessary a bug, maybe a new choice from the development team.

Also, I think that (when using imposition and/or bleeds/cutmarks) Preview.app is better to print these kinds of documents/layouts because it prints them centered on the paper sheet unllike SP2 which prints documents near a side (the top one), cropping some parts of the cutmarks.
So, the best way I've found to print these documents is to click on the preview button in the File>Print… pane then from Preview.app, to adjust the wished settings (mainly the color/quality ones) then (finally :^) print.
Last edited by Jean-Jacques Boutaud on May 7th, 2007, 8:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » May 7th, 2007, 7:57 am

Hi Jean-Jacques,
Thanks for help.
We will the bug with text wrapping.

What about the Colors panel, I checked the current and several old versions. None of them saved the state of the Colors panel.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » May 7th, 2007, 9:08 am

Hi Nick,
So, I'm wrong about the Colors panel!
Grrr, I don't like to be wrong ;^)

Besides that, imho, a way to easily distinguish from different Master Pages should be useful.
Of course, there're the Preview Pages panel and the Pages thumbnails.
But, mainly when working on the layout, testing different Master Pages with some of them having small differences, it's not always easy to remember what this particular Master Page is.
For ex. in place to see that a Master Page is the "E" one, it could be more practical to see that it's the "full footer" one or the "small margin left" one…
A way to see that could be:
- displaying the Master Page name is place of the actual letter
- hovering the thumbnail and using tooltip as you've done with the Clip Art content
- via the use of a contextual menu (not the easiest way)
As there's little room to display these Master Pages names, perhaps that making the Pages Preview panel movable (as Inspector/Font and Colors ones) should a solution.
Just mho as usual.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 8th, 2007, 6:26 am

Hi,
To distinguish ordinary pages from master pages, we change the record like "Page 1/7" to "Master B" in the toolbar.

Master page names were made fixed to simplify the program. Probably, we'll add some info box for master pages or show the information in a tooltip.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » May 10th, 2007, 3:03 am

Hi Nick,
I've seen the "Master x" in the toolbar.
What I think about, is a way to see more infos about a specific master page without the need to select it (so w/o the need to change the way the document looks).
It could be a name (in place of the uppercase letter) or a short description (as you've done with the Page Comment) displayed when hovering a master page thumbnail.
XPress or Pages/iWork (among others…) use name for master pages and it's really useful mainly for testing different combinations of layouts easily (imho as usual).
Nick

Postby Nick » May 10th, 2007, 3:42 am

Hi Jean-Jacques,
I'm on your side ;-)
I think too that master pages need to have some more description. Maybe, we'll implement this in a major update.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » May 14th, 2007, 5:21 am

Hi Nick,
Nice News ;^)
So, wait and see.
Thanks.

Return to “Swift Publisher”