Should I buy Swift Publisher for my mother?

romzburg

Postby romzburg » May 5th, 2007, 12:48 pm

My mom is 70, and used american Greetings for windows 98 for a long time. She is now a Mac user, and we have not found a suitable substitute.

She needs to be able to make Greeting cards on standard-sized folding stock, printing both inside and outside.

She neds to be able to layer graphics with transparencies, so she can compose the crads using multiple pieces of artwork, clipart, photos and text.

She needs to be able to dynamically resize each of those elements individually to get the right look.

She needs to be able to print the front of the card as well as the inside left and inside right, etc.

She needs to be able to use all standard sizes, like single-fold vertical and single-fold horizontal, and also 1/4 fold. (Or double fold, or whatever it is called.)

I think the program looks good, from looking at the website, but so far haven't seen answers to these specifics, in the FAQs or in a quick glance through the forums.

Thanks so much for your help!

romzburg
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » May 6th, 2007, 5:26 am

Hi romzburg,
Download the demo and make a try.
It's fully functional, just adding a (nice ;^) watermark to your documents when printing.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » May 7th, 2007, 5:09 am

Hi romzburg,
Swift Publisher has more layout capabilities than other our software. If making greeting cards with complicated design is more prior, try using Swift Publisher.

Other our programs have special printing capabilities. Mail Factory has paper templates for standard-sized cards.
Business Card Composer has better layout editing capabilities than Mail Factory but does not have greeting card paper templates. Unlike Swift Publisher, in Business Card Composer, you can create a custom template for a standard greeting card paper. Business Card Composer supports printer calibration what can be necessary for matching sides of a double-sided card.

So, I'd recommend to try Swift Publisher and Business Card Composer. If you plan printing greeting cards with more or less simple design, see how Mail Factory works (for complicated designs Swift Publisher is better).

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”