Crashing • Printing Errors • Exporting issues

eco-friendly

Postby eco-friendly » May 3rd, 2007, 12:44 am

===

I've spent days designing a 5 page brochure with the occationally little buggy behavior from SP 2.0 (ie, sometimes crashing in mid-stream).

Now the file is completely currupt!

Whatever I export from it does NOT open - PDF error messages that file is currupt.

I can't print from the file directly anymore, another error message comes that printing this file is not possible.

When I try to properly Quit the app, it crashes and/or when I try to get the darn thing to Print or Export it sometimes crashes.

All this seemed to of started when I tried to zoom out using the 'zoom out' tool above. The app froze and then crashed. It has never recovered since!

I'VE TRIED EVERYTHING! I'M SO DISAPOINTED!! WHAT'S GOING ON OVER AT BeLight????

IS THERE ANY SUPPORT FOR ALL THE ABOVE ISSUES???

===
Nick

Postby Nick » May 3rd, 2007, 10:05 am

Hi eco-friendly,
Update to the latest version and try to export again. If the problem persists, please send the document you cannot export to support@belightsoft.com

Nick
eco-friendly

Postby eco-friendly » May 3rd, 2007, 6:29 pm

Nick,

I'm using Swift Pulisher 2.0 and I'd like to know that if I up grade to Swift Publisher v2.1 will I have to pay for that update?

Thanks in advance.

E-F
eco-friendly

Postby eco-friendly » May 3rd, 2007, 6:35 pm

Nick,

I've updated the app, and the file is still currupted. I will do as you suggested, and send the file to support in hopes to resolve this issue.

Thanks.

E-F
Nick

Postby Nick » May 4th, 2007, 3:50 am

Hi eco-friendly,
Thanks. We have received your flyers. The problem repeats on our computers too. The update to the version 1.2 will not fix the problem.
The problem was casused by a damaged image, to repair the document you should remove that image (I'm sending by e-mail what to do).

The update from 2.0 to 2.1 is free.

Nick
eco-friendly

Postby eco-friendly » May 4th, 2007, 4:07 am

Nick,

I didn't receive an email from you, did you send it already?

Instead of sending me the image, can you send me back the file without the image, as when I open up the file it doesn't let me don ANYTHING :-(

So, I can't even take out any conflicting image because Swift Pulisher wont let me?

Look forward to hearing from you.

E-C
eco-friendly

Postby eco-friendly » May 4th, 2007, 6:59 am

===

OUTSTANDING SUPPORT -- THANK YOU!!!

E-C

===
paulus

Postby paulus » May 11th, 2007, 1:41 pm

I know how you feel! I spent weeks on a 20 page magazine and when I came to export it as PDF the file was corrupt. I tried saving each page as EPS but even that became a problem when it refused to save the file. In the end the only way I could get the job to the print shop was to give them tiff files of each page. Not at all satisfactory as it gave the print shop more work to do.
One of the pages that refused to save as PDF had no images in it at all - a very simple text page.
The programme quit a few times too. There were other problems, the worst was creating a continuation text frame that refused to display any text at all – I never did solve that problem either.
Such a shame; Swift Publisher is a pleasure to work with when things go right - if these bugs were sorted out it would be great.
Nick

Postby Nick » May 14th, 2007, 2:53 am

Hello paulus,
We provide our customers with free technical support. When you meet any problem, please let us know. We will make all possible to help you with your current project. You will supply us with necessary information to fix a problem in our software.
Such a cooperation is better than to stay an user who is unsatisfied with the purchased software.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”