Some little requests for overall improvement

MacFly

Postby MacFly » April 11th, 2007, 12:57 pm

- First: Selection extending by pressing Command not only shift !

All good apps allows this why not SP ? :-) should be easy to do

- Second one probably much more work for the devs:
could you make it possible to have frames align on center when moving them.
Like in Pages. now it works only on the edges.

i hope you understand what i mean. my english is not so good :-)

- third improve the iphoto library navigation
i would like to have a search field (if it could search keywords it would be even better)
better browsing in the albums (not only a popup)
The one made by the posterino author is really nice.

You should change the behaviour when resizing the clipart panel base on the side of the picture not the center.

-last one: could you include the zoom function in the tool bar ? a button with a menu

Thank you to the team making this product always better
Last edited by MacFly on April 11th, 2007, 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 12th, 2007, 4:23 am

Hi,
- First: Selection extending by pressing Command not only shift !

This is impossible. The Cmd-click shortcut is busy, it is used for selecting underlying objects.

could you make it possible to have frames align on center when moving them. Like in Pages. now it works only on the edges.

Swift Publisher has the center alignment tool in the Inspector. We don't plan to support the snap centers feature in the near future.

- third improve the iphoto library navigation
i would like to have a search field (if it could search keywords it would be even better) better browsing in the albums (not only a popup) The one made by the posterino author is really nice.

We will think what is possible to do for improvement iPhoto navigation.

You should change the behaviour when resizing the clipart panel base on the side of the picture not the center.

Could you explain with more detail, I'm not sure I understand you.

could you include the zoom function in the tool bar ? a button with a menu

The toolbar has Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons. At the bottom of the main window, there is a drop-down zoom menu. It seems to be enough, don't it?

Thank you for your comments.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » April 12th, 2007, 5:06 am

Nick wrote:Hi,

could you include the zoom function in the tool bar ? a button with a menu

The toolbar has Zoom In and Zoom Out buttons. At the bottom of the main window, there is a drop-down zoom menu. It seems to be enough, don't it?

Thank you for your comments.

Nick

And there're (nice) shortcuts to View>Fit… (Width/Height/Page) too :^).
The only missing shortcut (related to Zoom) is View>Actual Size.
Some applications use Cmd-0 but in SP2 this is the shortcut assigned to Show/Hide Inspector.
So, perhaps, Cmd-Ctrl-0 could be used in place of Cmd-0?
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » April 12th, 2007, 6:42 am

Hi,
Probably we will add a shortcut for View>Actual Size.

Nick
MacFly

Postby MacFly » April 12th, 2007, 11:25 am

i think buttons for the view options are a better choice
what i can't understand in the UI design is why are some options in the toolbar and the other options in the bottom status bar ?

all viewing options should be together ! it's my point of view but i think it's coherent

when i have my hands on the keyboards i don't really need to zoom much it's more when creating shapes moving objects around in the page, aligning objects

i asked for automatic centering visuals because aligning objects with the inspector does move objects and most of the time it's not the good one that's moving :-)

Tell me why the print is in the toolbar ? i use much more zooming and more often then printing, and Comman - P as a shortcut is fiune and known by every (not new) mac user :-)
Last edited by MacFly on April 12th, 2007, 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 13th, 2007, 6:15 am

Hi MacFly,
Buttons in the toolbar are usually reflect the most used commands from the menu. The bottom controls are mostly connected with the main window and editing canvas.

The Inspector has two alignment modes (according to states of the "Align with first selected" option).
When the option is selected and you click objects with the Shift key, the first object you select this way will be a master object. It will not move. Other objects will align according to the master position.

The Print button can be removed from the toolbar via the Customize Toolbar menu item.

Nick
MacFly

Postby MacFly » April 13th, 2007, 6:31 am

Nick wrote:The Print button can be removed from the toolbar via the Customize Toolbar menu item.

Sure it can be removed, the button exist !

i would be able to add some other zoom buttons but they don't exist

what i would say is why make a button for such a classic function and not used as much as option like save or zoom, and the zoom keyboard shortcuts can't be done with one hand (not easily) !

But SP is a nice app and those are only little work orientations. :-)
Paul Reading

Postby Paul Reading » April 14th, 2007, 4:12 pm

Please can we have the ability to export a single page from a multi-page document to pdf. I have a multi page document and want to export page 4 to .pdf for instance, but the only way to do this right now it to print and then select the page and then save as pdf. This make the process very slow because the action of printing the whole document meand that the programme is rendering every page before I ask it to save just one. Using this method prevents me from being able to select compress or say pdf-x for example.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 16th, 2007, 7:18 am

Hi,
You can do this via printing to file.
Start printing. When the standard print window is open, set the Pages -> From-To option and specify which pages to export. Then, click the PDF button and choose Save as PDF-X option.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”