Booklet printing

bbyrdhouse

Postby bbyrdhouse » March 30th, 2007, 2:03 pm

Using the updated version 2.02. (Greatly improved over version 1.x)

My question is in the for of a statement/observation and then a question.

SwiftPub is now a viable candidate to become the app of choice for DTP. There are just a few more things I would like to see added, but right now my great concern is this. Is there a good way to print a booklet automatically.

Ex. Let's say that you take about 4 8.5 by 11 pieces of paper and folded them in half making a booklet that measured 5.5 wide by 8.5 tall. That now has 16 "pages" in a booklet form.

But I find now way to automatically create such a booklet like in say Microsoft Publisher. I might just be missing something but any info in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Nick

Postby Nick » April 2nd, 2007, 4:53 am

Hi,
To make a booklet, you should choose 5.5" x 8.5" page size before starting your work. The File > Document setup dialog has Half Letter in the Paper Size drop-down list.

When you are ready to print, go to the program Preferences dialog and make sure that the "Option to skip..." is NOT selected in the Printing section.

After you choose the Print command, the Advanced printing settings dialog will come up. Select the Imposition option to enable the booklet printing mode. The actual paper size will be automatically set to Letter (8.5" x 11").
If your printer has the duplex printing mode:
- Set Printing side to Duplex;
- In the system print dialog, click Copies & Pages and choose the Layout section. Set the Two-Sided option to Long-edged binding.

Nick
Ricky14

Postby Ricky14 » April 11th, 2007, 10:19 am

I live in the UK and use A4 as the default paper size. How do I set Swift Publisher to use 1/2 A4 please?

Thanks
Nick

Postby Nick » April 12th, 2007, 4:34 am

Hi,
The Page Setup dialog is used to change the paper size.
For permanent setting, go to the System Preferences -> Print & Fax and change the "Default paper size in Page Setup" option to A5. Note, this is system-wide option.
Or, to not affect other applications, create a template with A5 paper selected. Using a template only to set up paper size will not be a faster way, it is quicker to change the paper format in Page Setup.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”