Text Box Link Freeze

SteveTchudi

Text Box Link Freeze

Postby SteveTchudi » November 15th, 2014, 2:52 pm

On a number of occasions with PrintWorks and SwiftPublisher, when I have created a text box link to a fresh page, the program totally freezes. I can't edit; I can't even close the program without restarting the computer. If I have saved at the moment of closing, upon reopening, it's still frozen. I have corresponded with Belight, but they merely seem puzzled. Any ideas? Thanks.

SteveT
Nick

Re: Text Box Link Freeze

Postby Nick » November 17th, 2014, 5:35 am

Hi Steve,

Please tell some more about the problem:
1. What versions of Printworks and Swift Publisher are you using?

2. Is there any way I could follow to repeat the problem on my computer, some steps?

3. What way did you add linked text boxes? Did you click on the red plus and draw a new text box, or used the Insert > Text > Linked Text Box on Next Page command? If the first, did you actually drew a text box, or just clicked to add one of default size? It also can be important how you moved to the next page before adding a linked text box.

Only Swift Publisher:
Please send your document editing which freezes Swift Publisher to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic. After the next time the problem repeats, send us the Console log as well.

To save the log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick
Nick

Re: Text Box Link Freeze

Postby Nick » November 17th, 2014, 7:35 am

One more thought.

It can help if you recreate the text boxes which cause the program freezing. For example, you have a chain of four linked boxes. Double-click on the first of them and see if you can edit text in it. If the program doesn't freeze, this tip may work. Delete all but the first text boxes belonging to that chain. Double-click on the remaining one, select all text (Cmd-A), and copy it (Cmd-C). Then remove the text box, and paste what you have copied (Cmd-V). Add the rest linked text boxes.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”