Opening from PDF

reenerp

Opening from PDF

Postby reenerp » October 22nd, 2014, 4:08 pm

I am new to this software...
I needed to email my brochure to a friend for proofing. I had to save it as a PDF to do so and now I cannot open my project for editing. If I have to start over from scratch I am going to bust a......whatever.
How do I save my project so that I can email it to others for editing.
Thanks
Nick

Re: Opening from PDF

Postby Nick » October 23rd, 2014, 2:59 am

Hi

Swift Publisher cannot edit PDF files. If you add a PDF to a Swift Publisher document, it will behave as an image.

To save your project for further editing, you need to use the native Swift Publisher format *.spub. Obviously, the other person also need to use Swift Publisher to open it.

Nick
axys

Postby axys » October 27th, 2014, 12:45 pm

reenerp wrote:I am new to this software...
I needed to email my brochure to a friend for proofing. I had to save it as a PDF to do so and now I cannot open my project for editing. If I have to start over from scratch I am going to bust a......whatever.
How do I save my project so that I can email it to others for editing.

Your original SP file should be intact wherever you saved it to - it will be a .spub file. You can't edit a pdf output from SP (in SP at least). As Nic has said, you will have to send your friend the .spub file to open in SP, or he could mark up the pdf in something like Preview or Skitch and send it back to you.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
thisiszivko

Postby thisiszivko » March 27th, 2018, 4:32 am

I'd faced the same issue before, but it has gone by itself
Brandon Wheeler

Postby Brandon Wheeler » March 27th, 2018, 6:26 am

Maybe I missed something, cuz, such
online PDF editor https://edit-pdf.pdffiller.com/ like this one allows to do that. The ability to change in files the font type, text size easy it takes me about 2-3 minutes usually.
I recommended this tool maybe I'll manage to help solve your problem because it helped me after open PDF folder more than I could even dream of.

Return to “Swift Publisher”