What font am I using?

davidsalisbury

What font am I using?

Postby davidsalisbury » August 19th, 2014, 11:47 am

I typed a document several weeks ago and saved it to work on later. Now that I want to work on it, there is a font that I used which my secretary does not have. Is there any way to see what font I typed something in? I'm sure it's simple and I'm just missing it but I can't find anyway to see what font a word is in. I can change the font, just not see the current one. Thanks for the help!
Nick

Re: What font am I using?

Postby Nick » August 20th, 2014, 3:32 am

Hi,

On the computer where the originally used font is present, you need to select a piece of text typed with that font, bring up the Fonts panel (Cmd-T) and see the font name.

The Fonts panel may not display the font name when several fonts are selected at the same time (then select only one letter). Also the font preview area which shows the name as well can be hidden. To open it, pull down a small circle handle above the buttons at the top.

Nick
hownow

Postby hownow » December 6th, 2014, 1:57 pm

I had the same question. I still can't figure out the name of the font I used when I modified the calendar font. I can't select a letter of that text.

Hope you can help.

Thanks.

Sue
Nick

Postby Nick » December 7th, 2014, 12:38 pm

Hi Sue,

Calendars don't allow to select text inside the grid. Instead of this, you need to select one of calendar blocks (e.g. With dates or the name of month) and check the Fonts panel for the current font name.

But there is a problem. The program doesn't update Fonts reflecting the current font, so you need to use this trick. Open the Text tab of the Inspector and the Fonts panel. Select a part of the calendar. In the Inspector, click on T- and then on T+.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”