Flowing text from one page to another

drbilly

Flowing text from one page to another

Postby drbilly » May 28th, 2014, 5:35 pm

How do you flow text from a text box on one page to a text box on another? This is often done in newspapers and newsletters — continuing an article on another page.

I need to create a rather large project that is four books, lined-up in four columns, side-by-side (for comparison). What I need to be able to do is take a landscape page and divide it into four columns, each of which flows to the same column on the following page. While I think I discovered how to flow text between boxes on the same page, I can't figure out how to do so on following pages — or how to do this automatically with Master pages.
Nick

Re: Flowing text from one page to another

Postby Nick » May 29th, 2014, 2:07 am

Hi drbilly,

The text box frame has a square on the right side (bigger than resize handles). Once you click on that square, you can draw a new text box linked to the first one. You can add a linked text box on the same or other page.

Also there is a command that lets you add a new page together with a linked text box: Insert > Text > Linked Text Box on Next Page. It is useful when you need to create several identical pages.

More details can be found in the Help:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/swiftpublisher/SPHelp/objects_text.html#linked_text

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”