Swift Publisher v.2 is out

Pav

Postby Pav » March 21st, 2007, 10:27 am

Hi guy's,

Finally Swift Publisher has grown one version older and version 2.0 is out!

We'd like to say "Thanks" to all of you who've helped us with their suggestions&feedbacks!

Particular attention during development of Swift Publisher v.2 was payed to advanced publishing functionalities, while keeping the program intuitive as it is. The Upgrade is free for all current users.

What's New in Swift Publisher 2.0:

- 20 new designs added.
- Master pages option was added, allowing you to create common background for several pages (for page numbering, heading, background picture, etc.).
- Imposition option became available in print dialog, to arrange brochure pages automatically.
- Text to Curve feature lets you transform the document into vector image, this will help to avoid problems with font absence when you send a document to a printshop.
- Tables are now supported (cells can contain text and graphics).
- Panel to preview and manage pages was added.
- Art Text integration added.

Read more about Swift Publisher v.2:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/swiftpublisher/version2.php

Read more about Art Text:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/arttext/overview.php

That's all by now. We welcome any your ideas and suggestions regarding Swift Publisher 2.0.

Please send your feedbacks or proposals at:
support@belightsoft.com
Belight Software Team
Mark.T

Postby Mark.T » March 21st, 2007, 3:42 pm

How do upgraders get the extra designs?

Your Versions Changes page says the new designs are in the boxed edition only.

Best Wishes

Mark Townsend
Nick

Postby Nick » March 22nd, 2007, 3:05 am

Hi,
The new designs are in the SP 2 boxed version only. We don't plan making them available via downloading.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » March 22nd, 2007, 3:34 am

Hi,
It seems that there're some new designs in this update, yet:
- the Folded Booklets ones
- some in Letterheads
- and other… (Flyers…)
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Mark.T

Postby Mark.T » March 22nd, 2007, 8:24 am

I feel I must protest!

I am happy to pay a reasonable download charges but I am not happy to hear that I CANNOT have the full upgrade. This is unfair to all existing customers.

Mark
Nick

Postby Nick » March 23rd, 2007, 7:56 am

Hi Mark,
The download and boxed versions of Swift Publisher always differ in the amount of supplied with them content.

Nick
Mark.T

Postby Mark.T » March 23rd, 2007, 8:08 am

I know, which is why I bought the boxed version a few months ago.

Now, I cannot get the full update and I am not happy about it.

Best Wishes

Mark Townsend
Andrew

Postby Andrew » March 23rd, 2007, 12:03 pm

Dear Mark, we really appreciate that you like our software and doing our best to provide you with the most satisfaction we can. Most companies usually charge users for major updates, but we make such updates free for users who purchased previous version despite of increased Swift Publisher price.

Unfortunately, we are not able to provide you with the content that is included in new retail/box version of Swift Publisher, as it is a new product. But you can still get the software update for free, which include 10 new designs.

In case, you want another 10 designs that were added in version 2, you will have to use upgrade to boxed edition option using your license code. This will cost you $5+$9 (S&H), Swift Publisher 2 box will be shipped to you. Here is the link to upgrade:
http://www.belightsoft.com/products/swi … cdform.php

Thanks
Andrew Cherfas
Sales & Marketing
BeLight Software
Mark.T

Postby Mark.T » March 23rd, 2007, 4:31 pm

Dear Andrew

Yes, I really do like your software.

I bought Printfolio on 22/12/06.

Now there is a new version and I cannot have it unless I pay another $14 so, no you are not providing "such updates" free of charge, you are providing me with an upgrade to Swift Publisher Lite.

As I said, I do not mind a reasonable charge and, in this case, I will buy the upgrade as you suggest but I am left with 2 questions...

1) Why has this boxed upgrade not been mentioned before?

2) Why not offer a paid download option? Instead of me paying $14 and waiting a week, why not charge me $14 and let me download a disk image?

By the way, the link you suggested does not work.

Best Wishes

Mark Townsend
Mark.T

Postby Mark.T » March 23rd, 2007, 4:40 pm

Dear Andrew

I have a license code for Printfolio and the upgrade link (which I got from your other reply) will not accept my code.

Overall, this is not a pleasant customer experience!

Best Wishes

Mark
aussie141

Postby aussie141 » March 23rd, 2007, 9:36 pm

First of all, congratulations. It is great to see that this program is growing to rival other programs like Pages, MS Publisher [via virtualisation] etc.. I like using Publisher and Disc Cover, and recommend them. So it's great so see the software maturing.

The brochure technique is one I could have used just last week, so that is most welcome.

Having said that, I must say I was surprised that I had to find out about this upgrade via MacUpdate. I thought I was linked into your email system, and would get news of a new version. I have not received an email yet. Also, like Mark T., I would have thought that a download link might have helped people get access to the new designs.

I too paid for a physical box in the first place, and would be happy to pay my download costs to update fully. That saves you the cost of making a box, disk, postage and handling, so I would have thought it worth the customer goodwill to do it that way. Customer goodwill was what caused me to buy Disc Cover, having already bought Publisher - and even though I already owned Discus, a competing product to Disc Cover.

Best Wishes
Peter
Last edited by aussie141 on March 23rd, 2007, 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
amackay

Postby amackay » March 24th, 2007, 2:54 pm

I came to the forum to add about doing a table and lo and behold, vers. 2 was out with that exact feature. I downloaded it immediately and used the new feature. It works beautifully for my newsletter.

I would add my 2 cents to be able to get access to more SP templates without having to buy the new boxed version. I too would be willing to pay the download costs. I find that I can be very creative working off an existing template. It saves so much time and gives such good results.

Thanks for v. 2. Keep what the good work.

Ann in Georgia, US
Andrew

Postby Andrew » March 29th, 2007, 10:05 am

Thanks for your comments on this issue. We are currently working on creating a special package that will allow customers of Swift Publisher and Printfolio boxed versions to get all new designs available in Swift Publisher v2.

I will get back soon, to explain how this works.
Andrew Cherfas
Sales & Marketing
BeLight Software
Mark.T

Postby Mark.T » March 29th, 2007, 10:08 am

This is great news!

I will wait to hear from you again.

Best Wishes

Mark Townsend
Andrew

Postby Andrew » March 30th, 2007, 10:23 am

Ok, here is how you can obtain all designs available in Swift Publisher 2 box edition.

1) Download and then install Swift Publisher from the following link, it will add some designs:
http://dl.filekicker.com/send/file/164127-RCMO/SwiftPublisher.dmg

2) Download and install this package:
http://belightsoft.net/files/sp/SPAdditionalTemplates.dmg
Andrew Cherfas
Sales & Marketing
BeLight Software

Return to “Swift Publisher”