text editing problem since mavericks update

cyndee

Postby cyndee » December 5th, 2013, 1:44 am

I am unable to edit text in Publisher since I updated my system to mavericks. When I click on text, the text box appears. I can move the text box, but I am unable to select any text, make changes or add or delete any existing text, as the text insertion curser does not appear.

If I add a new text box the text curser is present. But once I click out of the text box and go back in, the curser does not reappear and i cannot make any changes to the text. Editing text in Pages for example works as it should.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 5th, 2013, 5:50 am

Hello cyndee,

What version of Swift Publisher is installed on your computer?

Please try to open the first template from the Template Gallery, double-click on text and try to type. Will it work?

Nick
cyndee

Postby cyndee » December 5th, 2013, 11:49 am

version 3.3.1(v569)
although I would swear last night it said 3.3.1 FX
cyndee

Postby cyndee » December 5th, 2013, 1:33 pm

I opened the first template. I can not type or alter any of the text. If I add a text box I can type and alter as long as I stay in the text box. Once I click out of it and reselect it, I can't type in the box.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 6th, 2013, 3:29 am

cyndee,

When you edit text, clicking out of the text box cancels the text editing mode, and the text cursor disappears. This is normal behavior of Swift Publisher.

Nick
cyndee

Postby cyndee » December 6th, 2013, 8:14 am

I guess I am not making myself clear. Up until one month ago (before I upgraded my system to Mavericks) I was able to go in and edit existing text within a text box by clicking on the text, the text box would reappear and then clicking to add a cursor or selecting text within the box to make changes. Now I cannot do that. Once I leave the text box and then try and go back into it, it is as if the text box is locked. I cannot highlight any text or place a cursor in the box. I can select the box, the border returns, with the little corner and middle squares. I can move the box around, but I cannot make any changes within the box at that point. I have tried right clicking, left clicking, double clicking, using hot keys and so on. Has something changed? Is there some new way to edit existing text that I am unaware of?

If I can’t edit text or change text size or colors, then the program is useless to me.
Nick

Postby Nick » December 7th, 2013, 7:00 am

Hi cyndee,

Thanks for explaining.

Text editing functionality wasn't changed. It is something wrong with Swift Publisher on your computer. Try to delete it and install again.

If you downloaded the program from our website, delete:
/Applications/Swift Publisher 3.app
~/Library/Preferences/com.belightsoft.SwiftPublisher3.appStore.plist
~/Library/Application Support/Swift Publisher 3/
~/Library/Caches/com.belightsoft.SwiftPublisher3.appStore

In case the program was purchased at App Store, remove:
/Applications/Swift Publisher 3.app
~/Library/Containers/com.belightsoft.SwiftPublisher3.appStore/

To find every of the listed items, copy the path. In the Finder choose Go > Go to Folder (Cmd-Shift-G). Paste the path into the edit box, and click the Go button.

If complete reinstalling won't fix the problem, please send the console to support@belightsoft.com along with the link to this topic. The log should be saved after repeating the problem with text . To save this log, open the Console application from the Applications/Utilities folder. Choose "All Messages" in the left panel. Then select File > Save a Copy As in the menu of Console to save the log.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”