Group guidelines / group content / Adjust page dimensions

Postby sidh52 » August 30th, 2013, 2:41 pm

I need to convert a document I laid out in A4 paper size to US Letter. What is the easiest way for me to do this?

When I just change the paper size, the content remains the same but the margines of the page are wrong. I am happy with the layout and would simply like the shift it to adjust the margins and center the content on the page.

Can I: a. Group the content together and then drag it as a whole on each page to fit new margins?

b. Group the guidelines together on the master pages and shift them all together, keeping the size and spacing of the text columns the same?

Any advice is appreciated. I am feeling daunted after so much time invested in the layout of having to re-invent my master pages and then change every text box and image on every page one at a time.

Thank you!!

Postby Nick » August 31st, 2013, 10:18 am

a. You can select objects and resize them together. After this, some objects may require to be resized or moved individually. Note that the Select All command works only with the current layer. To make the resizing easier, you can place all objects on one layer beforehand.

b. Guidelines cannot be copied or selected together.

If you need to convert the document format for printing, there is another possibility. The system Print dialog lets fit the document to the selected paper format. To see if this works for you, choose the PDF > Open PDF in Preview option in the Print dialog.

Postby sidh52 » September 1st, 2013, 2:51 am

Thanks, I had to just redesign the masters pages with new margins and guidelines, then select all the content and shift it over together. Only had to go back and redo the page numbers afterward, but it wasn't a big deal. Very doable task, looks good in US letter now. Thanks.

Return to “Swift Publisher”