View more than one page

Estreya

Postby Estreya » March 16th, 2007, 8:56 pm

One feature I just thought of that I would *really* love to see in the second release of Swift Publisher(SP): if I could view two pages of layout side-by-side. I like very much having the thumbnails on the right and I would love to see that feature maintained. But it would also be helpful for me (I do a lot of brochures) if I could choose to view two pages at once, next to each other. That way I could get a better mental picture of the booklet I am creating. As it is now, I have to keep saying "okay, this is the left hand page", "okay, this page will be on the right hand side", etc.

Thank you for the wonderful improvements in the SP2 beta!

~ Alicia
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » March 17th, 2007, 12:47 pm

Hi,
I agree with you Estreya.
With the new (great) Imposition feature, no more need to create an US Letter size document on an Tabloïd (11x17) sheet of paper and put page 4 at the left of page 1 (for ex.).
You may now compose your documents in the right order (page 1, page 2, page 3… ), so a "Facing Pages" option (as in Pages from iWork) should be nice, specially with documents with more than 4 pages.
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website
Nick

Postby Nick » March 19th, 2007, 6:25 am

Hi,
Opening two pages on the canvas at the same time requires a lot of changes in SP. I don't think that this will be added in SP soon. Your idea is added into the "wish list".

Nick
amackay

Postby amackay » March 24th, 2007, 2:59 pm

Hi,

We always want more, don't we when we see what a great piece of software it is.

I would echo the comments about the facing pages feature. Please do add it to the wish list. The layout side by side is great for making sure headlines and graphic elements line up properly to keep the design consistent. I do a regular 4 page newsletter and I am constantly tweaking elements to get the facing pages to line up properly. Thanks for your consideration.

Ann in Warner Robins, Georgia, US
Nick

Postby Nick » March 26th, 2007, 7:07 am

O.K. - the facing pages feature will be added to the wish list.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”