Background Image not Exporting

gina0331

Postby gina0331 » October 3rd, 2012, 4:05 pm

I am new to Swift Publisher and I am trying to export a project to a jpg and while the image saves my gradient background does not show up on the saved image. Any ideas why this may be happening?
Nick

Postby Nick » October 4th, 2012, 9:44 am

Hi

The most probable is that the layer where the background image is located is set as unprintable. Open the layer list below the toolbar and see if the printer icon is crossed. By clicking on this icon you can reverse its state.

If the above doesn't help, copy the background image to a new document without changing the active layer, and see if the image shows up in the print preview. If it doesn't, please send your document to support@belightsoft.com with the link to this topic.

Nick
gina0331

Postby gina0331 » October 4th, 2012, 12:34 pm

Hi Nick!
Thank you for your reply. I have tried the methods you mentioned and the background image does show up on my original document as well as when I paste the background image into a new document.

Any thoughts as to the next steps?

Thanks!
Nick

Postby Nick » October 4th, 2012, 1:40 pm

I need you clarify the current situation. As far as I under sand, your document shows up correctly in theront preview but some of graphics ( a gradient) is missing when you export to a jpg file, right?

Try to export to the TIFF format. Does the exported image looks the same way as JPEG?

Check the export settings. In the Export dialog, select the JPEG format and click on the Options button. What do you have there? Now, set the maximum quality and resolution 200 dpi. Select the RGB color model. Export. Can you see the gradient in the background?

It can help if you send us your document and tell wat versions of Swift Publisher and Mac OS X are on your computer.

Nick
gina0331

Postby gina0331 » October 4th, 2012, 2:50 pm

Hi Nick!
I sent all the documentation over to support@belightsoft.com. To clarify, yes you are correct, the print preview shows the graphics but the gradient is missing when I try to export. This applies to both a .jpg and .tff export.

I just tried what you suggested with the export settings and on the print preview the gradient appears.

My version of Swift Publisher is 3.1.1 (v518) and my Mac OsX is version 10.7.5.

Thanks!

Gina
Nick

Postby Nick » October 4th, 2012, 4:38 pm

Thanks for sending us your document.

In case you need to create a JPEG urgently, try to do this. In the print dialog, click on the PDF button and select Open in Preview. In the Preview, select File > Save As com and in the menu and choose the needed file format.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”