Pages Thumbnail panel

Susanna

Postby Susanna » March 19th, 2012, 4:36 pm

Hi, I'm just starting to use Swift Publisher 3 on my new Macbook Air; Lion is brand new to me too and I'm still getting my bearings -- trying to do something in SP 3 that must be really basic and obvious but I can't figure it out. Maybe I need to use a Lion finger gesture that I don't know about yet.

How do I move the pages thumbnails panel? When I click on the toolbar to make the panel appear, the panel appears in an inconvenient spot, on top of my document window. When I try to work on my document, the panel hides; I can't see them both at the same time.

Something I liked about SP 2 was having the thumbnails always there on the righthand side; it kept me continually oriented to the "big picture" of my document. In Swiftpoint 3 I'd like to regain that continual view of the thumbnails the whole time that I'm working in the document.

On my little 11" screen, the only practical arrangement is to have the pages panel in a vertical arrangement, with the thumbnails arranged vertically (like in SP 2), and with the panel positioned off to the right or the left of the document window. There's got to be a way to do that -- right?

Thanks,
Susanna
axys

Postby axys » March 19th, 2012, 5:50 pm

I agree with Susanna - the new position does make for a lot of unnecessary clicking as well as losing the 'at a glance' feature of the SP2 layout. Likewise the fixed Inspector takes a disproportionate amount of space over the old arrangement, particularly on a laptop screen.
SP user for 11 years --- v2, 3, 4, 5.0.6 --- Mac OS 10.11.6 --- iMac Retina 5k 27" late 2015
Nick

Postby Nick » March 20th, 2012, 6:18 am

Hi,

There is no way to keep the page thumbnails open permanently. We'll consider your comments for future updates.

Nick
gjoyce

Re: Pages Thumbnail panel

Postby gjoyce » August 14th, 2014, 6:42 am

Using 3.3.5 with Mavericks .... has the keep the Page Panel /thumbnailsproblem (and it IS a problem) been resolved? If so ...how do I keep the Page Panel open ?

This was in the last version I had and is pretty essential for laying out large docs (I'm doing an 84-page dummy right now) ...

I see someone asked this back in 2012 ... it's now August 2014
Nick

Re: Pages Thumbnail panel

Postby Nick » August 14th, 2014, 8:04 am

Hi,

The current behavior of the Pages Thumbnail panel is not considered by the developers as a problem. This is why the related interface hasn't been changed yet.

I'll remind the developers that there are multiple user requests asking to make the panel work as in Swift Publisher 2.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”