Frames/Objects

unomar

Postby unomar » February 25th, 2012, 7:07 pm

How can I lock or join frames together?
gilescooperuk

Postby gilescooperuk » February 26th, 2012, 12:56 pm

If by frames you mean a set of text boxes with parts of the same article in then it is easy.

Insert a text box - type the text in and when it fills there will be a small square with a + inside it. Click on the + and then draw out another text box - the article will link between them.

If you mean to join different objects together or group them - then you need to wait for Swift Publisher 3 as that will have the feature built in.
unomar

Postby unomar » February 27th, 2012, 6:44 am

"If you mean to join different objects together or group them - then you need to wait for Swift Publisher 3 as that will have the feature built in."

That's exactly what I mean. Thank you, Giles.

/U
unomar

Postby unomar » February 27th, 2012, 6:46 am

Will Swift Publisher 3 make text kerning possible?
Nick

Postby Nick » February 27th, 2012, 6:53 am

Yes, it will. Text kerning is possible in SP 2 using this menu:
Format > Font > Kern >...

Nick
unomar

Postby unomar » February 28th, 2012, 9:18 pm

I missed that. Thanks, Nick

/Uno
Lisa3002

Grouping objects?

Postby Lisa3002 » September 9th, 2014, 10:09 pm

unomar wrote:"If you mean to join different objects together or group them - then you need to wait for Swift Publisher 3 as that will have the feature built in."

That's exactly what I mean. Thank you, Giles.

/U

I'm new to SP3 but not new to Mac. I'm trying to Group Objects. The Help menu tells me to use the shift to select multiple objects but when I do that, only one object is selected. I cannot select multiple objects.

Is there another way to select and group objects?

Lisa

Thanks for any help.
Nick

Re: Frames/Objects

Postby Nick » September 10th, 2014, 4:18 am

Hi Lisa,

To select objects with the Shift key, you need to hold it down and click on objects one after another. Each click selects another object. If you Shift-click on the selected object again, you deselect it.

If this way doesn't work for you, maybe you have several overlapping objects when the one at the top is partially transparent and let you see objects behind it. In such case all your clicks reach only the topmost object.

The second possibility is that some objects in your document are located in other layers or on a master page if you applied it. Objects placed this way cannot be selected and grouped. If grouping is necessary, move objects to the same layer either on content or master page.

Nick
Lisa3002

Postby Lisa3002 » September 10th, 2014, 9:07 pm

Yes, correct, I have a series of 5 overlapping objects that I want to group, all fairly close together.
Nick

Postby Nick » September 11th, 2014, 3:51 am

If you need to group all of them, press Cmd-A to select all.

Also you can try to select object with the selection frame holding down the left mouse button. If you select unnecessary objects, Shift-click on them do deselect.

In a more complicated situation, you can move objects you want to group to another layer by one, group them and finally bring them back to the original layer. To do this, select one or several objects and choose Arrange > Move Selection to Layer from the main menu, and select a layer.

Nick

Return to “Swift Publisher”