Creating Graphic

Any other suggestions you may have
AffectionateArtist

Postby AffectionateArtist » January 2nd, 2011, 5:31 pm

Hi all,

I'm a former Windows user and I want to create a graphic like I used to with like Paint Shop Pro, for my apparel line. Can I do that with this software? Or is it just specific things like Brochures, Business Cards, etc? If I can do it, please walk me through the steps to take. Thank you.

Affectionate Artist
Nick

Postby Nick » January 3rd, 2011, 2:38 am

Hi,

Unfortunately we cannot offer you photo editing software equivalent to Paint Shop Pro.

All depends on what capabilities you wish to get, and what price you can afford. The range of the graphic applications on Mac is very wide. Very basic photo editing functions can be found in the Preview application which is the default image viewer. In the middle, there are iPhoto, Aperture and Photoshop Elements. At the top level we can put Photoshop CS5.

Also there is a free application Gimp which is quite powerful tool for image editing.

Nick
AffectionateArtist

Postby AffectionateArtist » January 3rd, 2011, 12:20 pm

Hi Nick,

No worries. I'll still take advantage of creating some bar codes, business cards, etc.

Thank you for your suggestions. I called Adobe and the figured out that I would need Illustrator for what I want to do. So now I'll just save up some money for that. :)

Thanks, again.

Return to “General”