Suggestion for new app to join Printfolio

Any other suggestions you may have
colin

Postby colin » January 10th, 2010, 5:31 pm

What I would LOVE to see (and pay for) would be a simple drawing program to be added to the Printfolio family.

Think of the original MacDraw, but in color. This is what I want.

I am not an artist, but frequently have to make illustrations of 'things'. For example, imaging having to draw the front and rear of a router, and identify the lights, ports, switches, etc with balloons or arrows to bits of text..

Or draw simplistic maps, in the form of subway maps like the London Underground or the Washington, DC Metro system.

Or draw computer networks. Or building interiors.

Straight lines, boxes of various shapes, arrows, maybe shading of boxes, text, alignment of items, layers.

There are some fine tools out there for these, but most are too complicated and expensive for occasional use. Visio used to be from a separate company before Microsoft bought them. The early versions of Visio were great, and reasonably priced. Now, it is a bloated, expensive behemoth. Illustrator is WAY too complicated for me. Remember, this is for non-artists.

I have no interest in bitmap programs, or fancy, complicated programs. I want simple and functional, period. In other words, McDraw, but with color.
Nick

Postby Nick » January 11th, 2010, 5:13 am

Hi Colin,

We'll consider your suggestion, thanks.

Nick
Jean-Jacques Boutaud

Postby Jean-Jacques Boutaud » January 11th, 2010, 10:19 am

colin wrote:I have no interest in bitmap programs, or fancy, complicated programs. I want simple and functional, period. In other words, McDraw, but with color.

MacDraw + color = ClarisDraw :^)
(Ha, souvenir, souvenir… ;^))
JJBee, Président (à vie) du G.R.O.I.N.
Secrétaire général : iMac C2D 2.16GHz
Secrétaire adjoint : MacBook Pro 17" Unibody 3.06GHz
http://belightcommunity.free.fr/BeLight Community website

Return to “General”