Macs and Belight

Any other suggestions you may have
john23

Postby john23 » May 2nd, 2007, 2:36 pm

Forums are generally a place to discuss ideas and seek help.
As this area is a forum for Belight software it seems kinda contradictory.
However as stated in the first sentance the Belight software forums operate exactly as they should. People pose questions ideas and look for help. What is exceptional is that it is the Belight software team that most of the time respond directly to the questions and offer detailed help and support. This is something of an exception in the world today where products are designed and packaged to convince the consumer to part with money and then more often than not are left to their own ingenuity as to how they should get things to work. For this reason many forums began and to this day are often just a place where people moan groan or generally argue. The beauty of the Belight forums in my opinion is that they are an extension of the products being sold. The products are designed just as the Mac - Intuitive.
This of course does not mean that we all know instantly how to do everything but the transparency and ease of use allows us to do something which in turn generates an interest and desire to look further. In this aspect Belight have found the formulae to make software fun as opposed to being only a tool. That the use of software is fun means that for many that would normally not get past downloading an mp3 and sending e-mail can now actually be more productive and take pleasure in doing things that they would normally shy away from. This is in fact the principle behind much of the Mac software as itunes iphoto etc. However Belight is not from Mac but for Mac and as a mac user for 23 years now I am extremely happy that I stumbled upon Belight software. I have always wanted to play with interior design and rendering but in all honesty found the learnig curve so steep that I never really got anywhere. LI3D however is a package that has opened a new world to explore and has the added advantage of being at a price that is very affordable. For those that read this I reccomend that you download the demo. I did and after using for only 20 minutes had created soething I wanted to save. Normally after 20 minutes of demo I get tired and just dump and remove as I find it too boring to have to read every help file to make something.
regards
john
"crazy but not stupid"
bluestem

Postby bluestem » January 30th, 2010, 7:14 pm

I also am extremely happy I stumbled over Live Interior 3D. I spent maybe a couple hundred hours on Standard, it's better than a game. I upgraded to Pro because it's such a great program but still haven't discovered the advantage. (I don't read manuals much.) I look forward to delightful surprises.

I'm actually building a small house and this makes the planning much more reliable.
john23

Postby john23 » January 30th, 2010, 9:05 pm

nice to hear it bluestem.
I was impressed and have remained so. I now do a lot of design work with this program and actually earn a part of my income as a result. Belight have remained true to the founding principles of Mac. That is make something that people can use straight out of the box so to speak. What I do today with the app is totally removed from my first attempts a couple of years ago as I continually find ways to manipulate things to meet my needs.
My personal favorite library is shapes, i use them more than anything else as I can alter sizes change the surface structures and group the finished pieces as one item. This means from scratch without havng to do anything too complicated I can build my own models of cupboards desks and other furniture items.

to the makers of LI3D please please some more shapes :)
"crazy but not stupid"
bluestem

Postby bluestem » January 30th, 2010, 11:00 pm

"Shapes"? I must have a look at this. Thank you.
john23

Postby john23 » January 30th, 2010, 11:07 pm

one really cool feature of shapes is the black box called picture shape.
Its default is 1sqm. you can change the sizes to match those of a wall. You then can enter materials and create a new material. Under import texture import a picture.
you then add the picture to the surface and you have a full size picture wall
"crazy but not stupid"
john23

Postby john23 » October 6th, 2010, 12:49 pm

Well, you guys have done it again.....gone from great to greater and now from greater to greatest. Thanx for the hard work that went into the update. I just wish other industries could offer such value for money as you guys do.
Thnx again but now I am off to play with the newest goodies that you threw into the mix.
"crazy but not stupid"

Return to “General”