Printing problems

abardag

Postby abardag » August 10th, 2009, 5:41 pm

Hi Nick,

I'm trying to print business cards on a HP Officejet All-in-One using Avery 8873 cards. I calibrated the printer using Avery 8873 cards and set the print standards to the highest quality settings. I am using the standard print option and have turned off the "Scale to fit" option under "Paper Handling." After inputting the calibration settings, I used the same settings to try and print. I've cleaned my printer and adjusted my print tray. I tried printing with the scale option on the calibration set to the number on the calibration page but the scale adjustment does not move the image at all. There is a white space of 5 mm on the right hand side of the paper--the last column of cards does not show the full image. The verticals and horizontals are fine.

I am completely at a loss. What else can I try?

Thanks
abardag

Postby abardag » August 10th, 2009, 5:53 pm

Also, I've tried a test sheet on regular paper with the same results. I've also turned the printer on and off, ignored printer page settings under BCC preferences, and selected "Print as raster image" under BCC settings.
Nick

Postby Nick » August 17th, 2009, 6:28 am

Hi abardag,

Did you print the calibration sheet again to see the result of calibration? Or you printed the document? Only the second way is correct. Only the printed document reflect the change of the calibration settings.

Nick
abardag

Postby abardag » August 20th, 2009, 5:15 pm

Hi Nick,

I printed the document.

Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Anne
Nick

Postby Nick » August 21st, 2009, 2:33 am

Hi Anne,

You wrote: "I am using the standard print option" - this means that the Presets was set to Standard? If not, make sure that you print with the Standard preset option.

When the calibration values are entered in the calibration dialog, start the print procedure. In the standard print dialog, click the Preview button. Will the Preview application display the cards on the page correctly? If not, save the picture (File > Save As - in the Preview menu bar) and send it to support@belightsoft.com

Also, please send your document to the same address, I'll try to print it on our printer.

Nick

Return to “Business Card Composer”