Saving A Design As Template

artistjoh

Postby artistjoh » February 2nd, 2007, 4:57 am

What steps can I take to save a custom design as a template for future use and modification. I know it is easy to change names on the same design, but I want a template for greater modification than just names?

Tony
Nick

Postby Nick » February 2nd, 2007, 7:52 am

Save the design to some folder. Next time you want to use this design as a template, click on the category drop-down list in the Assistant and choose "Custom Folder". Then open the folder containing your template.

Nick
artistjoh

Postby artistjoh » February 2nd, 2007, 3:07 pm

I am already saving to a folder in 'documents' and I can open that saved business card from the 'assistant' but since I cannot duplicate it I worry that editing it will change the copy in the folder when I save it. Are you suggesting the original stays in the folder and is not affected by the subsequent modifications in the editor?

Tony
Nick

Postby Nick » February 5th, 2007, 10:53 am

You can duplicate any file (and the template too) to have a back-up copy. But documents opened from the Assistant as templates (via the template categories drop-down list -> Custom Folder) are copies of the template. You can see that they don't have names as a new document. When you try to save it, the program will ask you for file name.

Nick
artistjoh

Postby artistjoh » February 5th, 2007, 2:13 pm

Thank you for your clear reply Nick.

I am enjoying using the program and have created 4 different cards already. It gives me confidence to buy more of your software. I would like to buy art text but I only have 10.3.9 so cannot buy it sadly.

Thank you

Tony

Return to “Business Card Composer”