Rotate bug?

Beta_Zeroid

Postby Beta_Zeroid » March 3rd, 2009, 2:23 pm

(When I go to the Inspector, there is a submenu that lets me carefully adjust and re-adjust the angle of a special letter that I have previously selected, and inserted, from the Edit menu, and all that entails.)

Readjusting the angle, is something I am doing over and over again, hundreds of times a day. (It would be nice if I could generate a circle from a midpoint somewhere, and realign ALL of the angles of ALL of the special characters, if they were within the range of the circle...)

Anyway, although I can type in the exact number for the angle, and this is what I end up doing a lot, I would like to move the mouse onto the increase/decrease option, where the character's angles can be adjusted by 1 at a time.

It appears you are using a signed integer at this point? Unfortunately, the fine-increment goes only in one direction, towards zero. If I start out in a negative angle, the fine-increment goes towards zero. Similarly, if I start out in a positive angle, again the fine-increment goes towards zero.

It is possible you are converting a signed integer to an absolute before the angle is modified?

Is there an update where the fine-increment goes away from zero, rather than towards zero?
Nick

Postby Nick » March 4th, 2009, 5:07 am

Hi Beta_Zeroid,

You can select many objects to rotate them together.
The increment buttons don't work well. I see it depends on the measurement units selection in the program preferences (Cmd-,). Try to choose points in the prefs. In the next version we'll fix the rotation tool.

Nick
Beta_Zeroid

Postby Beta_Zeroid » March 4th, 2009, 4:38 pm

Thanks for looking into that.

This is a fine program that I use every day.

Return to “Business Card Composer”